Yet Another 2016 1st Round Mock Draft

Jaycer

Nov 9, 2014
Sure, it's been done a million times now, but I have fun reading them and I'm a fairly new poster, so I figured I'd toss in a mock of my own. Feel free to comment, but let's try and keep it constructive rather than insulting, 'kay?

1. :leafs: C Auston Matthews
2. :jets: LW/RW Patrik Laine
3. :cbj: RW Jesse Puljujarvi
4. :edmonton: C/LW Pierre-Luc Dubois
5. :nucks: D Mikhail Sergachev
6. :flames: LW Matthew Tkachuk
7. :coyotes: D Olli Juolevi
8. :sabres: D Jakub Chychrun
9. :habs: C Logan Brown
10. :avs: RW/LW Alex Nylander
11. :devils: C Clayton Keller
12. :sens: C Tyson Jost
13. :canes: C Luke Kunin
14. :bruins: D Charlie McAvoy
15. :wild: C/LW Kieffer Bellows
16. :wings: D Dante Fabbro
17. :nashville: RW Julien Gauthier
18. :flyers: C Mike McLeod
19. :isles: D Jake Bean
20. :coyotes: LW Max Jones
21. :canes: C German Rubtsov
22. :jets: D Lucas Johansen
23. :panthers: C Brett Howden
24. :ducks: C/LW Rasmus Asplund
25. :stars: LW/RW Vitali Abramov
26. :caps: LW Tyler Benson
27. :bolts: D Dennis Cholowski
28. :blues: C/LW Jonathan Dahlen
29. :bruins: C/RW Pascal Laberge
30. :leafs: D Kale Clague

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Canucks will take Tkachuk or Dubois at 5OA. Benning has already stated as such. The only way we draft Sergachev is if we trade down.

Jaycer

Nov 9, 2014
Canucks will take Tkachuk or Dubois at 5OA. Benning has already stated as such. The only way we draft Sergachev is if we trade down.

Alright, good to know. I just think D is a greater need by looking at what they have, but either Tkachuk or Dubois would be good picks for them.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Alright, good to know. I just think D is a greater need by looking at what they have, but either Tkachuk or Dubois would be good picks for them.

Yeah, D won't be as big of a problem right now for them, as finding a future #1c or legit top 6 forward. The Nucks still need a true #1D, and I doubt there's one in this draft.

PDL, then Tkachuk, imo.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015

Since we traded for Gudbranson and Sergachev is not seen as a guaranteed top 2 D. We would take F at 5. Sergachev would be there at 9 or anywhere before(arz and Buf don't like russians) So we would trade down to get him if that was who we wanted.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I'd be thrilled if Jones and Bean would be available for the Isles at 19. I think AND hope they'd take Jones, but Bean is a helluva prospect as well.

Dukeordan

Apr 15, 2016
I don't get why almost everyone has Bean going so low. With such a premium on speedy, offensive Dmen, he might even be the first one taken by Calgary. He will not fall past Ottawa. He and Karlsson will be a handful together in a couple years. By far he has the most offensive upside in this draft class, it's not even close. The NHL is changing boys and girls. The need for a huge, shut down Dman is no longer needed in today's game. I would love for the Sabres to take him, and eventually pair him with Ristolienen.

Other than that, it looks good. Of course there will be surprised, but unless you have a crystal ball, it's impossible to predict. Especially with Edm and Van in the top 5 lol.

Dukeordan

Apr 15, 2016
Since we traded for Gudbranson and Sergachev is not seen as a guaranteed top 2 D. We would take F at 5. Sergachev would be there at 9 or anywhere before(arz and Buf don't like russians) So we would trade down to get him if that was who we wanted.

Tim Murray has openly stated he has Juolevi and Sergachyev ranked ahead of Chychrun. If he is there at 8, Buffalo will take him. No way he is falling out of the top 8. He's too talented and has a crazy high Hickey IQ, and even better work ethic. Teams gobble those types of playera up, especially with that type of talent, size and speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad