Rumor: Yes its the wonderful world of Eklund

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Oh yes, that makes so much sense, let's trade Ghost, a top prospect (Frost, Farabee, York or Brink?) and our 1st rd pick for a LW.
That's because we only have Giroux, Lindblom, Laughton, JVR, and Farabee playing out of position at RW.

And Gaudreau would help to sell tickets, which is always needed when the Flyers are a playoff team.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It wouldn't feel like Christmas without another juicy Flyers trade rumor from Eklund.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
So what would you be comfortable trading to get a guy like Gaudreau? He's 26, in his prime, and only JVR has scored as many goals as Johnny in a season.

It would absolutely cost us a top prospect. Are there any you'd be ok trading for Gaudreau?

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
So what would you be comfortable trading to get a guy like Gaudreau? He's 26, in his prime, and only JVR has scored as many goals as Johnny in a season.

It would absolutely cost us a top prospect. Are there any you'd be ok trading for Gaudreau?
No. The Flyers need young and cheap ascending talent to counteract Hayes contract. Plus Gaudreau would be the absolute worst contract to add as it only has 3 years left and he would be coming up the same exact summer as Giroux and Couturier.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I wouldn't trade TK for Gaudreau straight up.

Gaudreau has been "exposed," that is, the league is learning how to counteract small players with his skill set, it's not that he's going to suddenly go MIA, rather, he's probably already peaked as teams learn to pressure him in the neutral zone and reduce his impact on offense.

Gaudreau as a 60-70 ES scorer is special, as a 40-50 ES point scorer he falls back to the pack because his size is always going to be a liability on defense.
He'll still get 70-80 points a year b/c he's very good on the PP as well, but I don't think he'll be the impact player he was the last two seasons.

Meanwhile TK is on his way to being a 50 point ES scorer who is becoming defensively responsible and a terror on the forecheck. His squat body has filled out and he can hold his own along the boards. And his improving wrist shot could make him a major scorer on the PP.

TK is 4 years younger and should age much better, on a 5 year contract. Plus he's a RW, which has more value to the Flyers.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
No. The Flyers need young and cheap ascending talent to counteract Hayes contract. Plus Gaudreau would be the absolute worst contract to add as it only has 3 years left and he would be coming up the same exact summer as Giroux and Couturier.

It would create a cap crunch in 3 years and you’d have to imagine one of JVR/Voracek would be our by then. I’m not saying to give up the entire system for him, but if you can get it done with Ghost+2020 1st+any prospect not named Frost/Farabee, you absolutely do it.

Couturier will be getting 10+million in 3 years, I’d rather take advantage of his deal now and give this team a legitimate shot for three playoff runs.

Giroux-Couturier-Lindblom
Gaudreau-Hayes-Konecny
Farabee-Patrick-Voracek
Laughton-Frost-Raffl

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The one attractive aspect of Gaudreau is he'd be a great fit with Hayes.

the blind barber

Nov 10, 2019
I wouldn't trade TK for Gaudreau straight up.

Gaudreau has been "exposed," that is, the league is learning how to counteract small players with his skill set, it's not that he's going to suddenly go MIA, rather, he's probably already peaked as teams learn to pressure him in the neutral zone and reduce his impact on offense.

Gaudreau as a 60-70 ES scorer is special, as a 40-50 ES point scorer he falls back to the pack because his size is always going to be a liability on defense.
He'll still get 70-80 points a year b/c he's very good on the PP as well, but I don't think he'll be the impact player he was the last two seasons.

Meanwhile TK is on his way to being a 50 point ES scorer who is becoming defensively responsible and a terror on the forecheck. His squat body has filled out and he can hold his own along the boards. And his improving wrist shot could make him a major scorer on the PP.

TK is 4 years younger and should age much better, on a 5 year contract. Plus he's a RW, which has more value to the Flyers.

Agree. TK must not be included in any negotiation.
I wouldn't have done it two years ago. Doing it now is a total nonsense.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
This is basically spam, along with anything related to Eklund.

Stop giving him attention.
dont_like_spam.jpg

Reactions: Amorgus

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007

Giroux will be 34 when his contract expires. The Flyers better be thinking about moving on at that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad