Yes - absolutely

Status
Not open for further replies.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
We were supposed to be flooded with "assets" for this very reason. So of course you would if you could, but tread carefully: going all in for the next two years by sacrificing potential 4 to 5 years out would be bet I am not sure I can stomach.

BillyCostigan

Nov 9, 2021
Sacrificing long term greatness to target a deeper playoff run when this team is already, as of right now, making a deep playoff run would reek of desperation.

Kakko and Laf are more valuable long term than 33 year old Patrick Kane. He should finish his career as a Hawk anyway. I think Chicago would try to move other pieces before Kane, they f***ed themselves over enough already with the Seth Jones trade, don't think they make another "big" trade any time soon.

Their biggest issue now is probably getting rid of Toews.

Reactions: haveandare

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
It’s time to be realistic admit Lafrenniere is a 13th forward .

Dump him asap

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
why Larry wrote that Kane would cost 3-4 1st's makes no sense to me
that is just not how 99.99% of hockey trades work

even the Eichel deal - despite all the bluster -
fell right in line w what many expected -
a proven young player (Tuch), a blue-chip prospect (Krebs), a 1st and a sweetener (a 2nd for a 3rd IIRC)
and Eichel is young and signed long term, not late career and UFA in 18 months

Reactions: haveandare

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don’t like Kane and wouldn’t want to give up what it would cost to get him. Not to mention the cap issues. Also, if anything we need a center. And I’m not convinced we really need anything more than a couple good spares at this point.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Id rather do what we can to ensure a sustained period of contention rather than put all our chips in. CALL ME CRAZY!

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Amusing that I post about the big buys in 1993 in the trade thread at the exact same time as Larry talks about it.

Stop plagiarizing my shit, Larry. Hire me as a consultant at least.
I’m still upset with Larry for not exposing that Stéphane Quintal worked for the department of Player Safety during the Panarin incident last year and how Quintal and J.D. have bad blood between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad