Year End Updates

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
A few updates for all of you...

1. The 2022 HFNHL Playoffs will start Sunday evening. Jeff has simmed in some rest days before the start of the postseason.

HFNHL - index

2. We have set the date for our 2022 HFNHL Entry Draft. It will occur on Saturday, June 25 at 9:00am EST. Rounds 1-3 will be live and rounds 4-7 will be conducted via list submission, as per usual.

3. The NHL Draft Lottery occurs this week. We will be using this to determine our own draft lottery results. HFNHL teams will be tied to NHL teams for results.

4. The agents will begin conducting business again soon. The re-signing deadline will be July 12.

Last edited:

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Slight update to point 1 above...

The weekend got away from me and I wasn't able to get the site updated until tonight so we're going to push the start until Monday night. The main page has been updated with a link to the Playoff index page and the Client File link on the main page is updated with the Playoff file. As always, the direct team links at the bottom of the page have NOT been updated so do not use them.

Good luck to all that made the playoffs (other than the Panthers)!!!

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Regal Beagles

Feb 28, 2013
Not intending to stir the pot, but why are we going two weeks ahead of NHL as opposed to the usual one week?

History shows that lots of players resign the week prior to NHL fa. Two weeks could cause a cluster something.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Not intending to stir the pot, but why are we going two weeks ahead of NHL as opposed to the usual one week?

History shows that lots of players resign the week prior to NHL fa. Two weeks could cause a cluster something.

What are you referencing Roy?

We're doing the entry draft a little bit earlier than the NHL one because the previous weekend will be a long weekend in both Canada and the U.S. This makes sure more can participate and it gives me time to get rounds 4-7 done before the NHL Draft.

Reactions: Fooladelfia

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
What are you referencing Roy?

We're doing the entry draft a little bit earlier than the NHL one because the previous weekend will be a long weekend in both Canada and the U.S. This makes sure more can participate and it gives me time to get rounds 4-7 done before the NHL Draft.
From having the conversation in slack with Roy my guess isn't the draft time he is worried about but our resigning deadline being 2 weeks away from the NHL free agency period

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
I presume we are doing prospect releases and buyouts before free agency? Asking for a friend...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad