Year 1.5 into the rebuild, smashing success so far?

Keep it going?

• Yes

Votes: 70 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 9.1%

• Total voters

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
No. Grier's continuous bonehead decisions have prolonged this current rebuild by at least 2 years.

I like the guy and think he's a good choice for Sharks GM at this time. The only question I have about him is whether he can succeed when it's time to shift into competitive playoff team.

The only case I can make to support that 2 year prolongment is not placing Couture and Hertl on LTIR to get room to go after more competitive players. That might make the Sharks into a playoff, one and done team, but it would fester the needed rebuild.

It took Vancouver 9 years to rebuild and get back into the playoffs. I think Grier will beat that.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I like the guy and think he's a good choice for Sharks GM at this time. The only question I have about him is whether he can succeed when it's time to shift into competitive playoff team.

The only case I can make to support that 2 year prolongment is not placing Couture and Hertl on LTIR to get room to go after more competitive players. That might make the Sharks into a playoff, one and done team, but it would fester the needed rebuild.

It took Vancouver 9 years to rebuild and get back into the playoffs. I think Grier will beat that.
Kinda, they made the play-in and won that round + another.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I don't even think Van went through a real rebuild either.
They drafted in the top 10 quite a few times.
2021: 9th overall and traded it for Ekman Larsson + Garland
2019: Podkolzin
2018: Hughes
2017: Pettersson
2016: Juolevi
2014: Virtanen
2013: Horvat

Pettersson and Hughes are 2 of their biggest pieces. Along with Demko who they drafted and developed during this time frame. Imagine their team if they didn't get 2 of the biggest busts of the decade in Juolevi and Virtanen. Or just drafted Guenther in 2021 instead of trading the pick. Or drafted Boldy, Caufield, York, etc. instead of Podkolzin.

Either way, I'd call it a rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad