Celebrity Death: Yaphet Kotto, 81

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
He could have been great but he got into fights with people that he shouldn't have.

He admitted a few years ago he was built different but that is what made him who he was.

He was asked to audition for Lando in empire but he didn't want to get type cast as a space guy after Alien

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Problem is finding a place streaming it

True, and the last year wasn't very good, that is true.

But stuff like this made it what it is. The line at the end where Frank put the pieces together and tells Bayless that his abuse as a child wasn't his fault.......and the realization in Bayless's eyes.....

There was no other show like it back then. This ended in 99, the same year The Soprano's started which really brought in the era of dramas like this.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
True, and the last year wasn't very good, that is true.

But stuff like this made it what it is. The line at the end where Frank put the pieces together and tells Bayless that his abuse as a child wasn't his fault.......and the realization in Bayless's eyes.....

There was no other show like it back then. This ended in 99, the same year The Soprano's started which really brought in the era of dramas like this.

And people forget. Many of the people behind Homicide went onto OZ and then The Wire.

I loved the show and is one of my all time favourites

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
I remember him from Live and Let Die and somehow assumed he had died long ago. He was only 34 years old at the time but the Mr. Big/Kananga character seemed older to me.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I remember him from Live and Let Die and somehow assumed he had died long ago. He was only 34 years old at the time but the Mr. Big/Kananga character seemed older to me.

Same here. Remembering him from Live and Let Die, I'd have imagined him to be much older than 81 now. Excellent character actor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad