Yanni Gourde

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
20 goals and 41 points in his 55th game.

Is he here to stay? Upside?

He's already 26 so his upside is pretty much what he is now, 2nd/3rd liner. He can play wing or center, can PK, PP, good two way game, is small but isn't afraid to mix it up. He's a much better all around player than Marchessault who took off late for Tampa, Marchessault probably the better shot but that's it. I can see him being a consistent 25-25 guy for the next several years.

Reactions: Kcb12345 and KPower

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He's already 26 so his upside is pretty much what he is now, 2nd/3rd liner. He can play wing or center, can PK, PP, good two way game, is small but isn't afraid to mix it up. He's a much better all around player than Marchessault who took off late for Tampa, Marchessault probably the better shot but that's it. I can see him being a consistent 25-25 guy for the next several years.

I don't see Gourde being able to lead a team in scoring let alone have 54 points in 51 games so I'm going to go on a limb here and say JAM has a bit more than a better shot.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
He's a great example of never say die attitude. The guy worked so hard to get to the NHL and I absolutely love watching him. A very fun player.

Reactions: AndreRoy

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
What's a gourde

nl95om.png

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Kcb12345

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't see Gourde being able to lead a team in scoring let alone have 54 points in 51 games so I'm going to go on a limb here and say JAM has a bit more than a better shot.

If Gourde was playing on Vegas top 6 he would be pretty close. He's been mostly a 3rd liner here and has more goals than JAM. Give him some better linemates, a bit more time on ice and it would be close.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
He's fast, works hard in the tough areas, always seems to be in the right spot. I've been surprised this year he seems to have a good shot and playmaking abilities to back it up.

Anyone saying 2nd or 3rd line player, to me he seems more of a swiss army player, seems to fit any line. Played most of the year with Point and they did great together. Last few games he's been with Stamkos and that has worked well, Stamkos the finisher and Gourde grinding away on the boards and setting him up.

Reactions: KPower

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Time will tell. He is on a good team so he could produce for the foreseeable future. But remember all the one year wonders out there (Ville Leino, Joe Juneau, David Clarkson, Scott Bjugstad etc etc).

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
He’s putting up 0.75 ppg at the NHL level.

He’s definitely going to get sent down to the AHL. It’s only been 55 games into the season.. not a big enough sample size.

Is he here to stay? What kind of question is that? Seriously?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The fact that he played for the Worcester Sharks at one point and was part of our organization is going to eat away at me for years to come.

He also looks strangely similar to Timo Meier. I would love to watch them play together, and not be able to tell between the two of them.

He's going to be a very good player for years to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad