Yankees will have 21 games only available on Amazon Prime

Kirk Van Houten

May 7, 2019

MLB continues to screw over fans with these media deals being all over the place. It's like the soccer media deals with the huge difference that is just one league against multiple leagues from various countries or national team cups.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I have Amazon Prime and the Yankees are one of my two teams (along with the Guardians) so no problem for me.

Wow, that's great, awesome, congratulations?

Other people don't, while I get why the MLB is doing what they are doing, trying to bring in as much revenue as possible with their media deals, 21 games is 13% of the season. Let me guess, they are going to have some on peacock+, hbo max, netflix, etc. eventually down the road. People are going to have to subscribe to 10 different services to be able to watch their teams. It's a little out of control. I don't know the details of the amazon prime deal, how many games amazon will get, but you'd like to think that there should be some requirements that each team has to be shown atleast once on each platform, more evenly spread out amongst the teams in the league to minimize the impact.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

Other people don't, while I get why the MLB is doing what they are doing, trying to bring in as much revenue as possible with their media deals, 21 games is 13% of the season. Let me guess, they are going to have some on peacock+, hbo max, netflix, etc. eventually down the road. People are going to have to subscribe to 10 different services to be able to watch their teams. It's a little out of control. I don't know the details of the amazon prime deal, how many games amazon will get, but you'd like to think that there should be some requirements that each team has to be shown atleast once on each platform, more evenly spread out amongst the teams in the league to minimize the impact.
Its like when they get like 2000 viewers for a shit quality facebook live game.

Reactions: Reaser

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

Well MLB nationally has starting this year exclusive deals with Apple TV+ and Peacock.

oknazevad

Dec 12, 2018
The point remains that with cord cutting being so prevalent, the cable RSN business model that has been the backbone of MLB revenues over the past couple of decades is beginning to fall apart, and the league and teams are looking for other media revenue streams. Streamers now have money, and are willing to pay to attract subscribers.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
To be as clear as possible, these games will not be on YES or any other service. Only Amazon Prime Video. They will be only available in the Yankees’ local footprint, which is primarily in the New York tri-state region.

f***ing horseshit. Its 2022, and they are still deciding who can see games by if the antenna on your roof can pick up a signal from the top of the Empire State Building.

The entire industry is stuck in the dark ages, and all because of "well, commercials!"

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
The point remains that with cord cutting being so prevalent, the cable RSN business model that has been the backbone of MLB revenues over the past couple of decades is beginning to fall apart, and the league and teams are looking for other media revenue streams. Streamers now have money, and are willing to pay to attract subscribers.
It wouldn't be an issue if MLB cut ties with RSN completely and went all in on streaming. Now if you want to watch 162 games you have to pay on top of your cable bills instead of in lieu of. Its worst of both worlds.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
It wouldn't be an issue if MLB cut ties with RSN completely and went all in on streaming. Now if you want to watch 162 games you have to pay on top of your cable bills instead of in lieu of. Its worst of both worlds.
It’s in the works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad