Signing(s): Yankees sign J.A. Happ to 2 year deal + vesting option

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Severino, Paxton, Tanaka, Happ, Sabathia

That's a hell of a rotation. Gray is good as gone. Have to think they are out on Syn then and not moving Didi/Andujar means no space for Manny. But it is the Yankees so maybe they just go get all of it.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

That's a hell of a rotation. Gray is good as gone. Have to think they are out on Syn then and not moving Didi/Andujar means no space for Manny. But it is the Yankees so maybe they just go get all of it.

I don't know about three lefties in that rotation, though. Houston's and Boston's lineups are both right handed heavy.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
I don't know about three lefties in that rotation, though. Houston's and Boston's lineups are both right handed heavy.
Don't LHPs have better odds in Yankee stadium? There is at least a bit of a positive track record for Happ in the Bronx.

After trading Sheffield for Paxton, getting another top-tier pitcher makes sense. But then the Yankees better not stop now...

Gruß,
BSHH

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Don't LHPs have better odds in Yankee stadium? There is at least a bit of a positive track record for Happ in the Bronx.

After trading Sheffield for Paxton, getting another top-tier pitcher makes sense. But then the Yankees better not stop now...

Gruß,
BSHH

Probably, but I don't know the numbers off the top of my head.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
i have to wonder if the nats might have sneaked in. they dont trade roark without knowing they gonna sign someone and happ isnt done yet right after it was seemed as a done deal

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Andujar plays a terrible 3rd, so maybe they move him to 1st and sign Machado to play 3rd. That'd actually be smart.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yeah, that is definitely a possibility worth exploring if they don't mind spending the money on Manny.

To me, it is a better investment than paying Harper and HOPE he can play 1st.

They already know Andujar is terrible at 3rd and cannot be really worse at first. His biggest problem at 3rd are his throws. Andujar's bat is good enough to justify playing him at 1st.

Anyway, we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad