Rumor: Yandle/Yakupov

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
If we want Yandle, Bailey is not going to be the centerpiece going the other way. There are 3 players that would fit the bill, and I don't like the idea of trading any one of them for Yandle (Nielsen, Nelson, Strome).

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Garrioch has the same successful prediction rate as psychic nikke, miss cleo, redbull and a few other posters on HF. This is mindless speculation at best.

I'm not sure Yandle is something the Islanders need. They have more than enough small, offiense first puck-movers and Yandle's not better than any of them without the puck....It's a "side-grade" for the Isles.

So if the deal is, say, Bailey-Donovan-PLUS for Yandle - then I'm not sure it helps the Isles that much.

I think another team, with a more pressing need for a puck moving dman, would make more sense.

I'd rather deal, say, Strome & Donovan for OE Larsson! ooohhhhhh!

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
IMO, any Yandle package would take Dal Colle + one of Reinhart or Pulock. Maybe another B-level piece like Mayfield or something along those lines.

Don't see it happening though. We are in pretty good shape defensively. Offensively as well. IMO our biggest need is a goaltender of the future, but we can just wait until the draft to add a couple more. Keep taking 2 in each draft until we finally hit.

DPSNAGS

Dec 3, 2007
2 rumors out there today. Isles and arizona talking about yandle from good sources and then eklund saying isles have an offer in ball park for yakupov. What do you think both deals would look like and do you want these moves done?

I know these arnt good sources but take it with a grain a salt but i have a friend in isles organization who told me ab Leddy trade 24 hours before it was announced. Also said isles and edm have been talking so maybe this is that. Like i said grain of salt, the yandle rumor is more legitimate

http://eyesonisles.com/2014/11/09/nhl-trade-rumors-islanders-yandle/

Hockeybuzz.com

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I have no clue what we could offer the Oilers unless they fine with prospects

If we was looking at roster players I assume they might want Nelson or De Haan. I would put Lee in that group but I still consider him a prospect

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
If Snow were to land Yandle and/or Nail for a reasonable price, half the Sabres board might commit hara-kiri, lol.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
please no to Yakupov, dont want any more head cases and teams rejects, and is he a #1 or #2 defenseman or a solid goalie who I can count on? if not I have no idea why we are even talking because we are fine on forwards, Yandle on the other hand

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
please no to Yakupov, dont want any more head cases and teams rejects

Yakupov is not a head case he is just being misused. It's sort of a case buy low. I do actually think Yak would make a good fit for the team when we move to Brooklyn(ie Russian star)

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
I have more interest in Yakupov then Yandle.

Yak can complement that first line well, I think we don't need another defense men as we have Pulock and Reinhart NHL ready.

The Yotes would most likely want a package centered around Bailey and de Haan, plus I don't want to part with de Haan.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
If the Isles can buy low on Nail, I am willing to roll the dice.

Yup. I follow the Oilers, Eakin has not utilized him right at all. Also what I've noticed out of Yakupov thus far is that he has improved his two way play this year. Not his fault that his coach is bad.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
He is a left handed right wing, not sure if he can play LW.

If I had to guess they would want Strome(or as the Arizona announcer yesterday called him Strom) or Nelson.

This is true, either way though he'd help out the secondary lines because it would allow us to move Nelson, or someone else of that caliber up and bump Kulemin down.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Yakupov is an overrated ........ but I just knew someone had to start this thread

I don't think he is, maybe over hyped but certainly not overrated. People don't realize how bad Dallas Eakins is, he makes Jack Capuano look like a saint. Literally.

Yakupov had a very successful rookie season, and then slumped. But I am pretty impressed with him thus far this season, he is stepping up his two way play.

DPSNAGS

Dec 3, 2007
Hockeybuzz… Says it all. Nothing to see here.

Well hockeybuzz aka eklund is citing the yakupov rumor but

Bruce garrioch i believe from ottawa is citing the yandle rumor which makes it credible

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
isn't garrioch usually pretty out of touch with isles rumors?
regardless, if true, and the asking price is bailey + spare parts...then i'm pretty sure all of us here do that yesterday.

question is, who on d gets the short end of the stick? pretty sure the yotes don't want any d prospects coming back since they're pretty well stocked in that area(see gormley on the 3rd pairing, nice luxury).

The only thing Garrioch has ever been in touch with is the smorgasbord.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Plus trades usually do not happen until the deadline

Vanek deal last year said otherwise though.

On Yak: this could be a nice buy low time for Snow and we all know he loves buying low. But what would the deal look like? I don't think Edmonton wants draft picks so lets take that out of the equation. They aren't good at all defensively so maybe we give them a defenseman.

Donovan+Grabner for Yakupov

Both of these players seem like they're the odd man out here on the island. I'm not saying that this is fai value wise, just makes sense more for the Islanders.

On Yandle: This would be a huge move for Snow. But what would the deal look like? By reading the article it says a prospect or two plus a veteran foward like Bailey. We all know Snow is a Bailey fan but maybe this is what he will give him up for. So our prospects....

I'm thinking Pulock/Reinhart+Bailey for Yandle or Grabner+Pulock/Reinhart

We will see how these rumors pan out. Both these players are always rumored to be on the move.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I'd give them Bailey+ for Yakupov. Yakupov is extremely talented, just needs a chance. Similar to Tarasenko who looked like a bust, but is now dominating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad