Rumor: Yandle not in the team's plans moving forward, but he's playing anyway..? :thinking_emoji:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Figured this needed its own thread now that the rumours are starting to become stronger by the day, and this will more than likely drag out for some time. Seravelli reporting:

Keith Yandle has fallen out of favor with the Florida Panthers. They've let it be known to him that he does not factor into their plans for this season.

The plan at this point is to make Keith Yandle a healthy scratch at some point.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
So according to this they have spoken to him about not being in their plans, but he himself said that they haven’t requested he waive his nmc? Maybe they’re trying to find a taker first before even asking. If he knows he’s not in their plans I wish he would just request a trade. If not then it’s hard to be upset about getting scratched at some point. If you know the situation then either stay and risk having the streak broken or go wherever else you can for the next three years if it’s that important

Reactions: pantherbot

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
So according to this they have spoken to him about not being in their plans, but he himself said that they haven’t requested he waive his nmc? Maybe they’re trying to find a taker first before even asking. If he knows he’s not in their plans I wish he would just request a trade. If not then it’s hard to be upset about getting scratched at some point. If you know the situation then either stay and risk having the streak broken or go wherever else you can for the next three years if it’s that important
The confusing thing for me is the bet with Q: it implied that the relationship was positive a few days ago?

Reactions: harv33173

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
As for his streak, are we making a bigger deal than what it actually is? I mean...of course it’s nice to be the Ironman of the league, but it’s not like people will remember you because of that in 5 or 10 years. There’s no trophy for that. It’s cool...but do people really care about it? Doubt it.

I’m also wondering if all this Yandle « drama » could have something to do with his attitude? We don’t know what’s happening in the locker room. He’s not bad to the point of being healthy scratch, is he? I think he could be just fine as our #5 or #6 with PP time.

Anyways, I trust Zitto in this. To me, it just proves how serious he is about changing the face and the culture of this team.

Last edited:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Yep this would be my guess as well. Get a trade in place first then approach him. Yandle saying he hasn't been asked about the NMC is just him being very specific. Writing's on the wall, we don't want him here, so obviously he'll be asked to waive at some point.

Reactions: Mogo

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
He's still putting up some good numbers, 45 points last year. Are there some major weaknesses to his game or is Florida tanking before the season even starts?

Reactions: harv33173

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
He's still putting up some good numbers, 45 points last year. Are there some major weaknesses to his game or is Florida tanking before the season even starts?
For a few years he has been the worst even strenght defender in the league. His quality of competition was lowest amongst even semi-regular dman for the Panthers last year. He's a 6th if he runs a PP unit.
Why is your team tanking by not trading for him? He's free.

Reactions: Yandover

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

He sucks defensively and is inarguably the softest player in the league. He's useful on the power play feeding a guy like hoffman, but on even strength he's awful and not a guy you want to be a leader in the locker room.

Reactions: Yandover

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Definitely not on this board and by Panthers fans. If anything, he is underrated.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Dread Clawz

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach

Reiterating what others have said here, he is atrocious defensively and an extremely soft defender. He will almost never take the forwards body, depends on poke checks that more often than not miss the mark, and won't move anyone from in front of the net (or anywhere else really). He is the worst defender of 2 on 1's, always going for the shooter instead covering the passing lane and letting the goalie focus on the shooter, and relies too much on the homerun pass that more gets intercepted or results in icing more times than it works.

His point production is vastly the result of his PP time and he does have good ability distributing the puck at the point. The team appears to be trying to change identify and the "soft" players like him seem to be on the way out.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I hope for Panther fans sake, he gets dealt to a big Market team. So this way, his lack of defensive abilities will get thrust into the spotlight.

It Feels Like Everything I'm reading, people think Florida is absurd for moving him and have no idea why because he still puts decent Point totals. Sometimes I feel like maybe I'm going crazy for thinking he's no good. :loony:

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
I hope he's traded to Tampa, so he can win a cup. I'm sure they can fit him under the cap somehow.

Either way, these rumors are hardly good for the team so that's a bad look for Zito. Hopefully it's just the media making up a controversy that they know people will latch onto. At worst it's Zito and Q trying to make an example to put some fear of complacency in the rest of the players.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Keith Yandle Available For Trade, Will Not Play For Panthers This Season

The wording in this makes it sound like he's never gonna play another game with us. Man I hope some other GMs feel the same way about Yandle as Seravalli does. What a greasefest.
FYI this is using the same source as in the OP, with Seravelli's words twisted around a bit. He did not use the phrase "Yandle will not play for FLA this season", which is why the thread title is worded as it is too.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I hope he's traded to Tampa, so he can win a cup. I'm sure they can fit him under the cap somehow.

Either way, these rumors are hardly good for the team so that's a bad look for Zito. Hopefully it's just the media making up a controversy that they know people will latch onto. At worst it's Zito and Q trying to make an example to put some fear of complacency in the rest of the players.

Nah, the message is more important. If you don't work hard enough, you won't play. Doesnt matter who you are. I applaud Zito and Q for doing this.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
FYI this is using the same source as in the OP, with Seravelli's words twisted around a bit. He did not use the phrase "Yandle will not play for FLA this season", which is why the thread title is worded as it is too.

Yeah i know, just thought I'd add an additional perspective which had some slightly different wording.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad