Aug 20, 2019
  • Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Would this work Rangers trade Goodrow to Oilers for Yamamoto??
Cap wise for Edmonton doesn’t do much. Believe they are looking to clear his cap

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
I remember really wanting Yamamoto back in 2017 with the #21 pick,
then they chose that Filip Beetle guy.

I'd be interested in him since the team is still weak at RW and he'd be a more budget friendly option than trying to keep Kane or Tarasenko but I don't see EDM wanting Goodrow back. Maybe a prospect like Matthew Robertson and some picks?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I remember really wanting Yamamoto back in 2017 with the #21 pick,
then they chose that Filip Beetle guy.

I'd be interested in him since the team is still weak at RW and he'd be a more budget friendly option than trying to keep Kane or Tarasenko but I don't see EDM wanting Goodrow back. Maybe a prospect like Matthew Robertson and some picks?
Really don’t think you’d have to move Robertson
Maybe just a mid round pick

Bond

May 10, 2012
will be interesting to see if he can pop elsewhere. Kind of doubt it

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
If the Oilers win the cup in the McDavid era, they'll be among the most mismanaged franchises in sports history to do it

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He's actually a skilled little player. Some team will sign him after he gets bought out, and they'll profit from doing so.

But the timing is just what it is. Oilers will have to buy him out.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I understand but he is the type of player Oilers are looking for. Someone with cup experience and has won before.
Edmonton doesn’t have any need or want for Goodrow. We want to clear cap, not get older and more expensive and on the hook for longer.

Besides, won before or not, we need playoff performers and Goodrow’s last couple outings make him a hard pass for me.

Seems like just a few years ago he was apart of the "best line in hockey".
Seems like just yesterday that Matthews was every bit as good as McDavid, too.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
If they're telegraphing a buyout, can't see any team rushing to give up something of value. And because of Yamamoto's age, the cost of a buyout is almost negligible.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No. A camp dump means no other team wants that player and sweeteners are needed (see OEL for example). Sometimes it means the team needs to clear some cap space by basically giving a player away for little to nothing. Understand the difference.
Wow, thanks for clearing that up. My definition of cap dump was clearly the problem here. There's obviously a huge market for a tiny player who managed to put up 14 less goals than Alex Chiasson did in the Oilers top 6 AND makes over 3M dollars.

10 goal guys who played with McDavid and Draisaitl are in huge demand right? You gave away the 6'4" less expensive version of him for nothing. Clearly teams will be lining up to take on Yamamoto because Puljujarvi worked out so well for Carolina.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Wow, thanks for clearing that up. My definition of cap dump was clearly the problem here. There's obviously a huge market for a tiny player who managed to put up 14 less goals than Alex Chiasson did in the Oilers top 6 AND makes over 3M dollars.

10 goal guys who played with McDavid and Draisaitl are in huge demand right? You gave away the 6'4" less expensive version of him for nothing. Clearly teams will be lining up to take on Yamamoto because Puljujarvi worked out so well for Carolina.
Lol. Ahh Leafs fans....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad