Yakov Trenin

JuniorMajeur

Oct 4, 2011
Gatineau
Can some one tell me more about this player? I been told, he's probably on of the 2 best 97 Russian in the world, this true?

And if some of you know somes videos on him on line, please share the link.

Thanks.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Can some one tell me more about this player? I been told, he's probably on of the 2 best 97 Russian in the world, this true?

And if some of you know somes videos on him on line, please share the link.

Thanks.
how come being one of the best forwards he doesn't play for the national team of his age group which one of the weakiest in years?

JuniorMajeur

Oct 4, 2011
Gatineau
how come being one of the best forwards he doesn't play for the national team of his age group which one of the weakiest in years?

I ask about that and I get told, he's a big miss in the U17.. Probably do, that he only move up in the MHL in the half of the season..

Will see..

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
well, there's always a roster spot for ivanuzhenkov's sons, but i refuse to believe that even in russa all roster is brought off

Hm, that was only a sarcastic statement.
But i do believe, it could be also in Russia young teams. If there are 2 players with the same level, one of them has a father, that had a "talk" with the coach, who of this 2 guys will he take?

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
I'm currently at the Aramada vs Olympiques game, and he's definitly the most skilled guy on Gatineau's roster today. Golden hands and made a great individual effort to set up Gatineau's second goal of the game. Is also kind of dirty with his stickwork behind the play.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
You just don't realise how many guys deserve to play in this team, but don't get it.
Trenin was great last season in the MHL.
Rumyantsev invites the same players for two years :shakehead.
He didn't want to see even guys like Provorov, Korostelev.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
You just don't realise how many guys deserve to play in this team, but don't get it.
Trenin was great last season in the MHL.
Rumyantsev invites the same players for two years :shakehead.
He didn't want to see even guys like Provorov, Korostelev.
well, i realise that rumyantsev is a corrupt dumb **** with abysmal track record but that have never prevented him from having been a head coach of our national teams for over what? half a decade?
and my main 'pet peeve' is not him, it's parazit tretyak whom i'd gladly punched in the face with my foot for indulging all that stuff:laugh:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
well, i realise that rumyantsev is a corrupt dumb **** with abysmal track record but that have never prevented him from having been a head coach of our national teams for over what? half a decade?
and my main 'pet peeve' is not him, it's parazit tretyak whom i'd gladly punched in the face with my foot for indulging all that stuff:laugh:

Agreed! For real change, it is necessary to have someone at the top who has the guts to push through, and Tretyak is not a leader who has any stomach for attacking corruption, or even for making Russian hockey better. Frankly, he was even overrated as a goaltender!

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Frankly, he was even overrated as a goaltender!
He was the only good goaltender in the Soviet Union. The rest of them were quite bad. Even Myshkin was very average. The young Beloshejkin had promise but his career was cut short.

Interestingly Russia started to produce good goaltenders only after the Soviet Union collapsed.

Tretyak usually had it easy playing in front of CCCP team. He had to face something like 15 shots a game and most of the shots were low percentage shots.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Interestingly Russia started to produce good goaltenders only after the Soviet Union collapsed.
It's not too surprising considering how much the demand for goalies grew with the emergence of the professional leagues.

Btw, doesn't this thread belong somwhere in the "Prospects" section? I somehow doubt Trenin will be able play his first KHL game in the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad