Yahoo! Roto Advice

FlyingSkate

Sep 17, 2012
Hey guys, looking for any advice I can get for my draft on Monday.

It's a 10-team league, and I just found out that for the snake draft, I'll be drafting 10th. First off, the roster requirements:

2 Centers
2 Left Wingers
2 Right Wingers
4 Defensemen
2 Goaltenders
4 Benched
1 Injury Reserve

The thing is, the scoring is... unusual. Shots, hits, PIMs won't be counted. It'll be like this:

Forwards/Defensemen Scoring
Goals - 3.0
Assists - 2.0
Powerplay Goals - 2.0
Powerplay Assists - 1.0
Shorthanded Goals - 4.0
Game-Winning Goals - 1.0

Goaltender Scoring
Wins - 3.0
Goals Against - -1.0
Saves - 0.2
Shutouts - 2.0

So it looks as if guys who rack up PIM along with points won't be as important (Hartnell/Lucic). Shorthanded goals are worth 4, but it's only 1 more than a regular goal, so I don't think I should prioritize PKers who can score.

I have a couple players in mind that I expect to be able to grab, but have gone through a couple mock drafts with random people, and I'm not sure about some others.

I'm expecting Lundqvist to be gone within the top 8, if not top 5. So I'm looking more at Quick vs Rinne. Quick's coming off a back injury, and although he's cleared and says he's good to go, I'm a bit worried about whether or not if he'll stay that way. Rinne, on the other hand, is playing without Ryan Suter in front of him. The Kings should be better, but Kopitar is also going to be out for a bit.

I'm also unsure about the back-up. With any of those 3 goalies, where should I grab a second goalie? I've come across guys like Kiprusoff/Backstrom available in the 12th round (where I will be first pick), and Niemi/Dubnyk/Varlamov/Hiller a bit later on. Should I grab a Kipper or Backstrom if available, or just go for more skaters because of the elite netminder I already have?

Any other advice is highly appreciated! Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad