GDT: XXXVI | "Hoping To Cheer Lots Today" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 12.26.15 | 8:00PM | HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(15-18-2) --vs-- (13-14-9)

[fieldset=GAME DAY INFORMATION]Game Day: December 26th 2015
Game Time: 8:00 PM
Broadcast: HNIC
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=LAST ENCOUNTER: 10.18.15]

[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=OILERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Taylor Hall - Leon Draisaitl - Teddy Purcell
Benoit Pouliot - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Matt Hendricks - Mark Letestu - Lauri Korpikoski
Luke Gazdic - Anton Lander - Iiro Pakarinen

Andrej Sekera - Mark Fayne
Darnell Nurse - Justin Schultz
Nikita Nikitin - Eric Gryba

Cam Talbot
Anders Nilsson
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=CANUCKS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Jannik Hansen
Chris Higgins - Jared McCann - Alexandre Burrows
Sven Bartsch - Bo Horvat - Radim Vrbata
Brandon Prust - Adam Cracknell - Derek Dorsett

Alexander Edler - Chris Tanev
Matt Bartkowski - Alex Biega
Ben Hutton - Yannick Weber

Jacob Markstrom
Joe Cannata

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=SOLI'S SHORTSIDE]

- Stacked day of sitting on my arse. CAN vs. USA, Star Wars: TFA, NFL Saturday Night (playing both my fantasy football finals!), and finally, Oilers vs. Canucks in a big divisional game.

- Lineups are not confirmed, neither are goaltenders.

[/fieldset]

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Canuks just seem to always management to play well. Always make the playoffs.

Canuks are declining for sure but the Oilers are just not the better team YET. Oilers will need to fight hard to beat them in the standings this year and especially tonight.

It's a huge game in the standings. The oilers have played considerably more games than most in the division and are in a must win situation for every divisional game coming up.

Hopefully we see the oilers team That fights hard and plays well. Can't stress how important this game is. Regulation win or bust.

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
Canuks just seem to always management to play well. Always make the playoffs.

Canuks are declining for sure but the Oilers are just not the better team YET. Oilers will need to fight hard to beat them in the standings this year and especially tonight.

It's a huge game in the standings. The oilers have played considerably more games than most in the division and are in a must win situation for every divisional game coming up.

Hopefully we see the oilers team That fights hard and plays well. Can't stress how important this game is. Regulation win or bust.

I wouldn't say that. I would say if they don't go at least .500 in the next week of games they could dig a hole they won't get out of but one loss to one of the divisional opponents really doesn't mean that much. Still way too much season left.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Any word on Davidson and/or Klefbom?

Game against the Nucks tend to get a little chippy. But oddly enough, the rosters looks like it's better equipped to deal with that w/ Nurse, Gyrba, Hendricks and Gazdic.

Here's hoping Fayne continues to bounce back. If this team can get to having 7 legit options on defence, then they may just make some noise once McDavid's back.

Klefbom-Sekera
Nurse-Fayne
Davidson-Gyrba/Schultz

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Jesus Christ remember when Klef was projected to be back Monday? Klef is going to be out another 2 weeks at this pace christ.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe they didn't want to break them in on a back to back?

One extra day of rest and back in the lineup against the Flames is my hope.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
According to the canucks site there is no Tanev or Higgins in addition to Miller, Hamhuis,Sbisa,Sutter, :yo:...That line up is looking pretty shabby. This has to be a must win for the oilers. Therefore, I fully expect us to **** the bed...:(...

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Those oiler pairings though, yuck.

Anybody know who the specific casters that will call this game? Please don't be that blowhard, Romaniuk.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Those oiler pairings though, yuck.

Anybody know who the specific casters that will call this game? Please don't be that blowhard, Romaniuk.

Has anybody ever done an amateur play by play, say broadcast online simultaneously?

Could be funny.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Has anybody ever done an amateur play by play, say broadcast online simultaneously?

Could be funny.

Can't be worse than Romaniuk. That guy trashes the oilers every single game. For some odd reason he always has to remind everybody that the oilers were awful for years. He didn't even know Hall was one of the best wingers in the game as well. I still remember him saying "If the oilers can hold on the lead- in the McDavid two goal game against the flames with only 2 minutes remaining left in the 3rd period. Guy's a clown. I'd rather deal with Hughson and his nucks love than Romaniuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad