GDT: XXXIX| "The pre-Stretch" | Oilers@Lumbus | 5PM | etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Just assuming you've been watching during your, uhhh, absence. I'm sure we can agree that Eberle hasn't been good enough.
Before the season started I said he'd have to flirt with eighty points in order to get credit for a good season.
The fact that he's on the way to a fifty-sixty point season is very disappointing.
But a handful of disgruntled Yak fans have taken it upon themselves to post pretty much nothing but 'Eberle sucks' all night, every night, in every thread available to them.
Its tiresome and mostly inaccurate.

Meh, I don't really care about Yak. He's not doing anything with the blues either :laugh:
Just expected more from Ebs considering he's a veteran and is on a line with Connor.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Just assuming you've been watching during your, uhhh, absence. I'm sure we can agree that Eberle hasn't been good enough.
Before the season started I said he'd have to flirt with eighty points in order to get credit for a good season.
The fact that he's on the way to a fifty-sixty point season is very disappointing.
But a handful of disgruntled Yak fans have taken it upon themselves to post pretty much nothing but 'Eberle sucks' all night, every night, in every thread available to them.
Its tiresome and mostly inaccurate.

Pretty weak to dismiss Eberle criticism as disgruntled Yakupov fans. Eberle should be a leader for this team, and he's far, far, from it. Not good enough.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Pretty weak to dismiss Eberle criticism as disgruntled Yakupov fans. Eberle should be a leader for this team, and he's far, far, from it. Not good enough.

Agreed. Has an 'A' , paid 6M, on a line with Connor flipping McDavid, and he isn't doing what he needs to do which is score. Not good enough, Eberle.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Meh, I don't really care about Yak. He's not doing anything with the blues either :laugh:
Just expected more from Ebs considering he's a veteran and is on a line with Connor.

Not sure if you noticed, but its not like anyone they tried on his line is a 100 point guy on McDavids line. Eberle needs to get his mojo back but its silly to think anyone on McDavids line is automatically going to be an 80 point guy. The way McDavid has played LATELY, he might not be a 80 point guy this year.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Not sure if you noticed, but its not like anyone they tried on his line is a 100 point guy on McDavids line. Eberle needs to get his mojo back but its silly to think anyone on McDavids line is automatically going to be an 80 point guy. The way McDavid has played LATELY, he might not be a 80 point guy this year.

Of course not, but Ebs is one of the players I expect a lot more from. That's my point. Its like Lucic playing like ass with Connor but Maroon on the other hand manages to play well.

They traded Taylor Hall and even though I like Larsson, Hall's ability would've been nice with a team that has RNH and Eberle who are both playing pretty subpar.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Agreed. Has an 'A' , paid 6M, on a line with Connor flipping McDavid, and he isn't doing what he needs to do which is score. Not good enough, Eberle.

I really feel bad for Ebs, because I'm starting to think he messed up his summer training and it might take him another summer to fix that he broke. Almost certain the guy messed his shot up trying to hard to practice 1-timers, and if it's true he changed sticks, that's bad news too. This might just be turning into a write-off season for him and better luck next year.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I really feel bad for Ebs, because I'm starting to think he messed up his summer training and it might take him another summer to fix that he broke. Almost certain the guy messed his shot up trying to hard to practice 1-timers, and if it's true he changed sticks, that's bad news too. This might just be turning into a write-off season for him and better luck next year.

That's why I have some suspect that its his shooting coach he got during the summer. Ebs was mentioning about how he was working on his one timers but not once has he scored with one this season. What William Karlsson did on the PP against the team tonight is what I thought Ebs would be doing.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

That's unfortunate for us if that's the case, because that could be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.

We can't just ride two players forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad