GDT: XXXIV | "Welcome to New Yak City" | Oilers vs. Blues | 12.19.16 | 6:00PM | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(16-12-5) --vs-- (17-11-4)

[fieldset=GAME DAY INFORMATION]Game Day: December 19th 2016
Game Time: 6:00 PM
Broadcast: Sportsnet West
[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=OILERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Milan Lucic - Connor McDavid - Jordan Eberle
Patrick Maroon - Leon Draisaitl - Tyler Pitlick
Benoit Pouliot - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Drake Caggiula
Matt Hendricks - Mark Letestu - Zack Kassian

Oscar Klefbom - Adam Larsson
Andrej Sekera - Kris Russell
Brandon Davidson - Eric Gryba

Cam Talbot

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=BLUES PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Jaden Schwartz - Paul Stastny - Nail Yakupov
Robby Fabbri - Jori Lettera - Vladimir Tarasenko
Alex Steen - Patrik Berglund - David Perron
Scottie Upshall - Kyle Brodziak - Ryan Reaves

Joel Edmundson - Alex Pietrangelo
Brad Hunt - Kevin Shattenkirk
Jay Bouwmeester - Colton Parayko

Carter Hutton

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=SOLI'S SHORTSIDE]

- Will update the lines after morning skate. Wonder if we'll see Draisaitl on RNH's wing carry over from last game. UPD: Lines updated.

- Alot of familiar faces on the other side of the ice. How many former Oiler goals are heading our way? :laugh:

- We're tied with the Ducks in the standings and they're visiting Toronto tonight. The Flames are sitting 3 points behind and are visiting the Yotes. The Kings are also 3 points behind and idle after losing to Boston yesterday.
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Dear Brad Hunt,

Please do not light us up. I'm sorry for calling you a poor man's Marc-Andre Bergeron.

Sincerely,
YesYesYall

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
The Blues will start backup Carter Hutton in goal, ending a streak of seven consecutive starts for Jake Allen.
Hutton's last start came on Dec. 3. He will be looking for his first win since Nov. 5.
Oilers will make him look good.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I really hope Lucic is with Draisaitl and Eberle is with Caggiula or something. Something has to change. Put Maroon up with 97 and Beck or Pitlick on RW. Can't hurt to try.

Vimpelin Voima

Dec 1, 2016
Stockholm

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(16-12-5) --vs-- (17-11-4)

[fieldset=GAME DAY INFORMATION]Game Day: December 19th 2016
Game Time: 6:00 PM
Broadcast: Sportsnet West
[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=OILERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Milan Lucic - Connor McDavid - Jordan Eberle
Drake Caggiula - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Tyler Pitlick
Patrick Maroon - Leon Draisaitl - Taylor Beck
Matt Hendricks - Mark Letestu - Zack Kassian

Oscar Klefbom - Adam Larsson
Andrej Sekera - Kris Russell
Brandon Davidson - Matt Benning

Cam Talbot

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=BLUES PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Jaden Schwartz - Paul Stastny - Nail Yakupov
Robby Fabbri - Jori Lettera - Vladimir Tarasenko
Alex Steen - Patrik Berglund - David Perron
Scottie Upshall - Kyle Brodziak - Ryan Reaves

Joel Edmundson - Alex Pietrangelo
Brad Hunt - Kevin Shattenkirk
Jay Bouwmeester - Colton Parayko

Jake Allen

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=SOLI'S SHORTSIDE]

- Will update the lines after morning skate. Wonder if we'll see Draisaitl on RNH's wing carry over from last game.

- Alot of familiar faces on the other side of the ice. How many former Oiler goals are heading our way? :laugh:

- We're tied with the Ducks in the standings and they're visiting Toronto tonight. The Flames are sitting 3 points behind and are visiting the Yotes. The Kings are also 3 points behind and idle after losing to Boston yesterday.
[/fieldset]

Is Pulju still benched? :help:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Tmac better not ice same lineup up front that barely got by the 3 games in 4 nights on the road Lightning. The 3rd line ended up being a joke and not played in 3rd. If he ices same lineup it's obvious the coaching is a concern .

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If the Oilers come out and try to play another clinical emotionless game I fully expect them to get their ***** handed to them.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
just please keep tarasenko off the scoresheet.

yak seems like a nice guy. he can get a couple of goals, though. (as long as the oilers win)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Puljujarvi and Pouliot need to play instead of Beck and Hendricks.

Puljujarvi yes, Pouliot no.

Hendricks was very good last game, probably his best of the season. Beck did well, deserves a longer look based on his season so far.

I would interested to see more Nuge on the wing.

The Oilers have been good against good teams, I suspect we'll see another solid performance.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
hate when players get judged as an NHL player for their first and only game of the season.
beck for example.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yak really getting time on that line or are they just doing that for one game as they know he'll probably have a good game against his old team?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Oilers will win this one and lose to the Coyotes. Book it.

I actually forgot Yakupov was on this team. Keep Tarasenko off the scoresheet.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Dang no Allen in net? We seem to always have his number (although he did play very well against us last time we played them despite us winning). Maybe Looch will go beast mode like the last time we played.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Puljujarvi yes, Pouliot no.

Hendricks was very good last game, probably his best of the season. Beck did well, deserves a longer look based on his season so far.

I would interested to see more Nuge on the wing.

The Oilers have been good against good teams, I suspect we'll see another solid performance.

Hendricks at his best is still hardly an NHL player, just too slow. However, he's probably a better fit on the 4th line than either of those 2 if they're not gonna call up Lander.

Beck did absolutely nothing last game, he's not an NHL player. Not really sure why Pouliot came out after he had about 5 pretty good games where he was winning more puck battles and adding some offence. Looked pretty good with Draisaitl imo.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
Can't wait to watch Eberle do nothing again tonight.

I seriously cannot believe his fall from grace. He used to have some amazing hands in tight, could just walk off the half boards swing a couple sweet dekes into a sick backhand. I don't think we will ever see that again.

The guy has completely forgotten what made him successful in the NHL.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Hendricks at his best is still hardly an NHL player, just too slow. However, he's probably a better fit on the 4th line than either of those 2 if they're not gonna call up Lander.

Beck did absolutely nothing last game, he's not an NHL player. Not really sure why Pouliot came out after he had about 5 pretty good games where he was winning more puck battles and adding some offence. Looked pretty good with Draisaitl imo.

I'm with you.

Good on Beck for doing well in the minors and getting rewarded, but I thought he played pretty bad against Tampa.

I still like Hendricks because he gives everything he has, but he's just not an NHL player anymore.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
LOL @ dressing Yak that high. Since scoring on the Oilers in the last matchup, dude has one goal in 15 games and is -3. I'll take it.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Mclellan can't possibly go with those same lines again, can he?

Eberle doesn't fit with McDavid, the RNH line was something he just threw together because reasons, Beck isn't an NHL player and Hendricks used to be an NHL player. The team played horribly at even strength last game so the win was hardly a reason to keep that same group together.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
hate when players get judged as an NHL player for their first and only game of the season.
beck for example.

He played 2 games, did nothing at all in either. I'd rather Mclellan not experiment with a player who might make a contribution at some point.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
beck for example.

He's played 2 games, did nothing in either to be noticed in a positive light, and did nothing in training camp either. If I wanted another invisible player out there why not call up Lander instead? At least he can PK and win face-offs at an incredible rate.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
McD and Ebs have a big night. McDavid scores 4/3/4 in the next couple of nights for 50 in 2016 :) :) :) plz based mcj plz

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Mclellan can't possibly go with those same lines again, can he?

Eberle doesn't fit with McDavid, the RNH line was something he just threw together because reasons, Beck isn't an NHL player and Hendricks used to be an NHL player. The team played horribly at even strength last game so the win was hardly a reason to keep that same group together.

David Staples went through last game and said Hendricks was in on the most even strength scoring chances on the night, a whole 2 chances, lol. Apparently he saw the top 3 lines get basically nothing dangerous at evens. Hilariously, naturalstattrick actually aligns with this, with Hendricks leading the team being on ice for 5 high danger chances :)

Sounds like a good argument to keep the lines the same! Oh, and for Hendricks to stick ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad