James Van Riemsdyk - Tyler Bozak - Mitch Marner
Matt Martin - Dominic Moore - William Nylander

Morgan Rielly - Ron Hainsey
Jake Gardiner - Nikita Zaitsev
Andreas Borgman - Roman Polak

Curtis McElhinney

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE
  • Dailyfaceoff.com believes Brossoit is the confirmed starter. Not sure we'll see any lineup changes, maybe Walker comes out for a fresher forward?

• We're both on the tail ends of back-to-backs. Late in the 3rd Matthew's noggin took a collision with Morgan Rielly. This morning Babcock had made allusions to Leafs waking up "bumped and bruised" and some possible lineup changes tonight. Fingers crossed, but even if we were that lucky we'd find a way to squander it... womp womp.

• Good luck to all those in fantasy football playoffs!

Reactions: Night Witch

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
As I said in the brief pregame thread, Oilers must stop the win loss cycle today. Show up from the opening bell and keep the hammer down the entire game. Pressure will be on LB to play like he did yesterday.

And someone please put Kadri down like the infested vermin he is.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Hope the players can motivate themselves for this one. They played well against the leafs last game, only to steal a point from themselves with their abysmal PK and of course the own goal. That "should" be a motivating factor to put in an honest effort. Of course on the flip side, we won a game, and usually that means the next game is a night off. And thank goodness it's not an early afternoon game!

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
John Shannon tweeted out LB to start earlier, just to confirm the daily face off.

Big game, they have to go at least 2-1 on this road trip, and the Jackets are a better team then the leafs.

Reactions: Soli

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Tonight we will see if last night was a turnaround game, or that the Habs laid a egg! Happy to see Davidson with a good return game and keeping Gryba out of the lineup, very likeable Guy.
Leafs are a smash and grab team with a poor overall defense, it will crack anytime soon and go downhill!!

7-3 Oilers

Reactions: Raging Bull

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Long as edm brings the effort and stays out of the box they should be able to get the W. with this team though, that’s a tall order on a consistent basis.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Just lose

:sarcasm:

;)

ugh just noticed we getting the backup...not sure if I should be excited or disappointed given our history

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
can last nights oilers please come out tonight. Win these next 2 and i think we're kinda back in this race. Dont wanna watch meaningless hockey :(

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
ugh just noticed we getting the backup...not sure if I should be excited or
disappointed given our history

If you can't play your backup against the 28th team in the league who can you play him against?

Do the Oilers have a history of playing poorly against backups? Not sure why the backup in net would be a cause for disappointment.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I am disappointed as well. I'm sure that's a slap to the face to Ellis.

Back to back game, kid should get a chance.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Effort was evident yesterday. Thank you for an entertaining game that turned into a cake walk. Please continue to show up ON TIME with the effort, and production can and will be the reward.

BD had a nice welcome back night I thought. D looked way more stable. Benning will be ok IMO, just needs experience as I feels he panicks unnecessarily when pressured. The game will slow down a bit for him with more experience.

I have no idea what way to go on Ellis on LB. Fingers crossed!!

Reactions: Dashh

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If you can't play your backup against the 28th team in the league who can you play him against?

Do the Oilers have a history of playing poorly against backups? Not sure why the backup in net would be a cause for disappointment.

We are 2-5 vs starting backups this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad