GDT: XVIII | "3-3 Going To OT?" | Oilers vs. Kings | 11.14.15 | 8:00 PM | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Theme song for this game and the path the team finds itself on..

NSFW but its Saturday and all that.

Future Starts slow...

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
I'm gonna go to the Giants/Winterhawks game tonight instead. Should be much more entertaining and only $25 for gold seats.:yo: I'm about ready to check out for the season if the Oilers keep digging a hole for themselves that they can't get out of.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Last game was exactly what I was expecting from a bottom 5 nhl team.

Hope someday they figure out how not to play like a bottom 5 team but I somehow doubt it will be tonight against the Kings.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Pouliot-RNH-Ebs
Hartnell-McDavid-Yakupov
Hall-Drastaitl-Simmonds
Hendricks-Lander-Korpikoski
Klink/Para/Gazdic/Letestu

Hell that is a dangerous hockey team. If we can accomplish that, I think our weak defense will be well compensated for.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Hell that is a dangerous hockey team. If we can accomplish that, I think our weak defense will be well compensated for.

Interesting that Simmonds looked so ordinary playing here recently and played well in the Calgary Flames game in the back to back.

it was as if Simmonds was fearful of auditioning his game here. :laugh: He was a complete no show on the ice in the game here.

Hartnel? No, just say no. Way past it.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Ference must be happy to play again though. Good for him. And you never know, tonight might just be the night he gets his first point of the year. Pulling for him.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
what's going on with Klinkhammer, Korpse and Schultz? Seems like they have been gone forever.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Why is Ference playing? Why!?

Reinhart is getting dicked around here just like Marincin did.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
Only way I want ference in is if we go 11 f 7 d, and even then I'd rather staple him to the press box. I wonder what the team owes him, he doesn't help the team win so obviously something else is at play here

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
holy **** stop overreacting Ference is a maybe for tonights game. Maybe having a fresh body when playing 5 games in 7 nights is a good idea.

When the player's ability is far, far below the bare minimum quality of an NHL player it is never a good idea to have them in the lineup.

Unless we run into a bad run of injuries to our D that force him into the lineup he should be in the press box for the remainder of the season then bought out. He's absolutely done as an NHLer.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It sounds more like Ference was ill and would now be able to go if need be. It sounds like the lineup won't be decided until game time and there could even be a call-up.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta

Time to take one back from the Kings. I'll be at the Blind Guardian concert tonight. Best of luck boys!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hall - Dry - Yak
Poo - Nuge - Eberle

Does that not make the most sense?

I think that it does if we are hell bent on splitting up the Hall-RNH-Drai line which seems to be the case. Saddling Yak with Lander and Letestu is a complete waste right now.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Going to be a rough game tonight. :( Too many injuries and players being sick, not to mention the bottom 6 being non existent. Talbot is going to have to be lights out and the few chances we do get are going to have to go in to have any shot at this game. :popcorn:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Hall - Dry - Yak
Poo - Nuge - Eberle

Does that not make the most sense?
It does and doesn't.

I think it'll end up being

Hall - Drai - Eberle
Poo - Nuge - Yak

That keeps Poo and Yak together, and gives Drai 2 very experienced skilled wingers and Yak has 2 experienced linemates as well.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I think that it does if we are hell bent on splitting up the Hall-RNH-Drai line which seems to be the case. Saddling Yak with Lander and Letestu is a complete waste right now.

Well yeah, Yak was playing well, then you stick a streaky guy like him, with two guys that are playing horrible offensively this season, and it's a recipe for disaster. I would even consider going back to the Hall/RNH/Ebs line and put Yak with Drai and Poo.

I don't know what it is with Lander and the regular season in the NHL, he plays solid D, and kills the PK great, but he seems to forget where the hell the net is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad