Confirmed with Link: X Penguin Ryan Whitney retires

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He actually started to rebound in Edmonton until his next round of injuries.

May the grass be green for you on the otherside, Ryan.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
How did he hurt his foot that first time? Was it a game injury or what there something else going on? Bad ankles is about all I could remember about the guy...

Poor guy. Thanks for the Kunitz of 09-11.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
How did he hurt his foot that first time? Was it a game injury or what there something else going on? Bad ankles is about all I could remember about the guy...

I think foot problems were something he always dealt with, but wear and tear made them progressively worse.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I believe the ankle problems stemmed from the foot problems where the bones in one of his feet were crooked. He used to wear orthopedic inserts but when that stopped helping, he had to have surgery to realign the bones in his foot. When he came back from that surgery in 09 however, his skating had turned to absolute dog ****, and on top of that his foot issues kept returning in subsequent seasons.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

He was born with abnormally high arches. The ankle problems were caused by trying to skate with those arches.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
I have foot problems too and it was always painful to skate for very long. Hindered me from playing very much / unmotivated me when I was a young kid. Not fun stuff.

Grats to Whitney on retirement. No need to dwell on what ifs, he made it much further than most dream of and made some good money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad