TV: X-Men '97

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think his redesign only has to do with him trying to be a hero so far.

I like it more than the original so far!
At first, I was like, what? Then I saw that it was based off the artwork of a comic arc of him standing trial, so I get that. Just not a great look for him, but I'm generally fine with them using their IP for designs.

Storm, in various comics has sported a mohawk, so the new hair isn't that big a deal for me to see.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Do we think Magneto is actually good or are some people still suspicious of him? Im still a little sus of him but i dont know any of the backstories or lore.

Reactions: Primary Assist

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Do we think Magneto is actually good or are some people still suspicious of him? Im still a little sus of him but i dont know any of the backstories or lore.
I think he is actually trying to be a hero and role model for mutantkind without any ulterior motives. But I also don't think it will take much for him to fall and go back to being a villain.

I'd say it's likely we see him fighting for good against another major villain (Sinister maybe?) before his inevitable heel turn

Reactions: Sad People

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think he is actually trying to be a hero and role model for mutantkind without any ulterior motives. But I also don't think it will take much for him to fall and go back to being a villain.

I'd say it's likely we see him fighting for good against another major villain (Sinister maybe?) before his inevitable heel turn
Really depends on how he would respond to a serious threat against Mutants. if the government decides to pass laws against mutants, that would set him off. Fighting against the FOH, probably not. Fighting against other villians, would depend.
Sinister, I don't think would impact Magneto as Sinister violates mutants. Magneto would not approve. More likely to align with Apocolypse than Sinister, since he views mutants as the superior species to humans.

Reactions: Primary Assist

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Death does do funny things so I think good. I am loving the series so far, the art and storyline has been incredible but also

1711891368793.png

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yeah I'm not an X-Men expert but I don't think Magneto is supposed to be devious like that, or have any sort of motivation to want to destroy the X-Men from the inside. His whole deal is that he's kind of like Xavier, they were best friends & started the work together, but Magneto had a very different childhood growing up as a Jewish kid in Nazi Germany causing an irreconcilable split on the 'mutants vs humans' issue.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The Magneto story arc in this series is right out of Uncanny X-Men #200 when he becomes headmaster of the school.

He was pretty much a "good guy" for five years until some Soviets went after him (Uncanny X-Men 274-277 tell that story as a B-Plot when he's in the Savage Land with Rogue). The real reason was the editor and popular artists at the time wanted things to go back to status quo (X-Men living in the mansion and Magneto as a villain) so they slowly turned him back as seen in X-Men #1 fall 1991.

The plan was for him to remain headmaster after the Muir Island Saga ended (was scheduled for a year and a half after it actually happened). Marvel did Claremont dirty, the artists revolted over royalties 10 months later and formed Image. We the fans lost.

So basically if Xavier comes back at the end of the series, Magneto may turn again to mirror the events of X-Men #1.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
The intro is changing every episode now, epic!

Those retro SEGA scenes were amazing.

The episode was one gigantic love letter to the typical 90 story lines about characters coming of age, and them being too scared to accept the future due to how cruel the world can be.

Also, there was some serious meta/4th wall breaking in this episode, at least the 1st half.

I give this episode 10 justified angry Portuguese words out of 10.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Wish we got Longshot - but still a fun episode! I like that there were two shorter episodes in one, a familiar cartoon format

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
The original X-men cartoon from the 90s is one of my favourite shows of all time. Have them all on DVD!

So far really liking X-men 97. Especially that last episode! Wow!

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I thought I was gonna have a nice relaxing time when I put on the episode yesterday. :laugh:

I dunno how that episode managed to do so much without being an hour long. This show has already surpassed my expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad