X-Factor

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I think the X-Factor will be whatever chemistry develops between Spezza and Ryan. If they gel, then everyone in your conference had better look out. If not, then we'll have to try something else.

Good point

There is a LW spot open with Spezza and Ryan.

I could easily see Greening playing on that line at ES

Even if he does, I doubt he'd produce over 45 points.

He's just offensively talented enough to do so.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'll say Michalek. If he can put up more points than he has as of late, he'd really help out the offense that NEEDS support.

Our offense only looked bad this year cause of injuries. Our numbers are closer to what they were last year.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Cowen.

Right now my biggest concern is our stability on the 2nd pairing after our dynamic first pairing.

IF Cowen holds it down, then we will be a force to be reckoned with. There is no other position and player that will be a bigger factor than Cowen's next year.

2nd I'll go with Turris.

He has to hold down that 2nd line center position to give us the great depth for us to continue our scoring.

If Cowen struggles, our defense will. If Turris struggles our secondary scoring will.

However, if we are talking about x-factor as in more unlikely player to cause great support I'd say easily MacArthur/Conacher.

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
On "D", Jared Cowen is the obvious choice to me. Coming off two significant injuries in the last 3 seasons, he will be counted on to play 20+ minutes nightly. It will be interesting to see if he develops into the defenseman we all think he can.

I think up front, it will be key for one of these guys to show they can be a reliable and consistent top 6 forward: Cory Conacher or Mika Zibanejad. It's pretty clear that the top 5 forwards are Spezza, Ryan, Michalek, Turris & MacArthur. Having one of the young forwards slide in and produce on the top 2 lines will be key. Perhaps Mark Stone is a possibility as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad