News Article: Wyshynski - Fanatics will replace Adidas as NHL’s outfitter of on-ice uniforms and authentic jerseys, beginning in ‘24-25, on a 10-year deal.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
1679407644973.gif

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Bettman is trying to sell this decision to the owners like "I mean they gave us a great deal on price"

Yeah no shit, because they jerseys, for the first time in NHL history, will disintegrate upon exposure to moisture. You just got in bed with Fanatics for a decade. That's abysmal business.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Is there any reason to be happy or mad about this? Is this just one corporation taking over for another corporation? Should I care?

Also, aren't these corporations linked in some way already? I think Fanatics already makes all the jerseys that are sold and Adidas literally only makes the jerseys the players wear.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Bettman is trying to sell this decision to the owners like "I mean they gave us a great deal on price"

Yeah no shit, because they jerseys, for the first time in NHL history, will disintegrate upon exposure to moisture. You just got in bed with Fanatics for a decade. That's abysmal business.
Don't worry. The ads that will cover the jerseys will serve as a moisture barrier.

drownwithyou

Oct 10, 2011
Leiden, Netherlands
Is there any reason to be happy or mad about this? Is this just one corporation taking over for another corporation? Should I care?

Also, aren't these corporations linked in some way already? I think Fanatics already makes all the jerseys that are sold and Adidas literally only makes the jerseys the players wear.
Every piece of Fanatics gear that I've owned or a friend of mine has owned has been incredibly crappy quality. I was gifted one of the Adidas authentic jerseys and it is really well made. So I'm not too excited because I expect Fanatics to continue their tradition of awful quality merchandise, but maybe I've just had some bad luck with them.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Every piece of Fanatics gear that I've owned or a friend of mine has owned has been incredibly crappy quality. I was gifted one of the Adidas authentic jerseys and it is really well made. So I'm not too excited because I expect Fanatics to continue their tradition of awful quality merchandise, but maybe I've just had some bad luck with them.
Translation: Buy your jerseys now, then boycott until the backlash affects sales enough to force a reversion.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
No, that's actually exciting, because if they're skimping on quality, that means they're saving money, and that means they won't have to include any advertising!

• Haha
Reactions: FabricDetails

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
No, that's actually exciting, because if they're skimping on quality, that means they're saving money, and that means they won't have to include any advertising!
We can always trust greedy c*nts to pass savings onto their consumers.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

From what I have read from others, is that the consumer versions of their jerseys are very low grade compared to Adidas and other high end apparel companies. If so, than that is bad, plus they are said to be charging very high prices for an inferior product.

Reactions: jaster

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
This is terrible news. Fanatics is awful.

Their merch quality sucks. Chinese knockoffs are better quality. Hopefully they get their shit together or continue to out source the on ice stuff.

Not that there's much adidas stuff for sale as is but hopefully companies like 47, Mitchell & Ness, etc are still able to make merch once this kicks in.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I was thinking about getting some gear, I guess I need to do it before Fanatics takes over. Bettman gives the fans the finger pretty much any chance he gets.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

From what I have read from others, is that the consumer versions of their jerseys are very low grade compared to Adidas and other high end apparel companies. If so, than that is bad, plus they are said to be charging very high prices for an inferior product.

Gotcha. I wasn't familiar with their products, didn't realize the quality was that bad.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
The thread on the main boards had a tweet saying they were going to use the same factory that adidas was using.

And as for game gear, it's not like the NHL wouldn't have parameters that if not met should void the deal. Just because you hire a new vendor doesn't mean you just start accepting total shit.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

Meh. At this point the public outcry must be significant enough that their investment approach should adjust.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
So the NHL has a 7 year deal with a broadcast network that doesn't consider it a legit league, and now the jerseys will be made by a brand notorious for crappy quality.

Two major steps forward for the NHL...

I can't wait for Gary to come out with a statement that fans love the Fanatics apparel.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Can’t wait for the next Atlanta team

I don't know how much it's been publicly speculated, but I have enough reason to believe that if this arena proposal for the Coyotes fails, we will be seeing the Houston Aeros before anyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad