Recalled/Assigned: Wyatt Kaiser

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Not to be mean, but you wonder why Murphy is even bothering with 5 games left instead of just shutting down and getting ready for next season.

Reactions: Idionym

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Not to be mean, but you wonder why Murphy is even bothering with 5 games left instead of just shutting down and getting ready for next season.
I think there is definitely something to be said for just getting back into some games prior to his off season. The injury he has can be a pretty frustrating one and him actually getting back in and playing will probably make him feel better going into the offseason.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Why not simply waive one of the slugs

Tinordi and Megna are not NHL caliber players, no reason to punish Kaiser so they can play
Because they want him to get back into the groove in Rockford before playoffs? The AHL is a very different t league than the NHL, not a bad thing for him to get back into that mode prior to playoffs.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
He's only 21. Sure, more kids are playing on the backend in the NHL than ever before, but he is still very young for a defenseman.

No shame in letting a kid get more opportunities in the A. Plenty of development that can still take place down there for him.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Gets him valuable playoff experience and hedges against Anaheim catching us for the tank.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
This all seems very silly.

Can we get back to discussing the real problems, like Luke Richardson.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I love Kaiser and love watching him play with the Hawks - but I absolutely love this move. We all know hos much confidence plays a role in how well a player plays - especially a young player. When Kaiser was sent down earlier in the season he wasn't playing very well and lack of confidence played a role. But he started playing better and getting his confidence back to the point he was the best d-man the Hogs had over the month or so before he got called up. That confidence was on full display since he was recalled

Sending him down to play high intensity playoff hockey - something he wouldn't get with the Hawks - is the perfect situation to build on that confidence AND to help Rockford after they will be without Allan for a few weeks.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You’re not saying this is a money move are you?
I don't think the Hawks are doing it to save money, no. But Kaiser is taking an 85% pay cut for the next two weeks.

There's a very human component to running a team that people don't talk about much. I made the same point last year when they sent Reichel down.

I know that for me if I was making less than a fifth of what my work merited I'd be salty.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It'll be good to figure out if Kaiser or Del Mastro QBs the first powerplay in the postseason series, with 7 regular season games left.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I don't think the Hawks are doing it to save money, no. But Kaiser is taking an 85% pay cut for the next two weeks.

There's a very human component to running a team that people don't talk about much. I made the same point last year when they sent Reichel down.

I know that for me if I was making less than a fifth of what my work merited I'd be salty.
Outside of Bedard and Vlasic, none of these young dudes would see nearly as much NHL time with any decent team as they have this season, they'll be alright. Kaiser is a 21 year old that made around half a million this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad