OT: WWF Wrestlng Legend, Ultimate Warrior, has passed Away

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
I thought he died in the 90's. Not kidding. Too bad and his speech in the ring is now pretty ironic in the worst way.

Wrestling doesn't seem to yield positive results for a long and happy life. RIP.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I thought he died in the 90's. Not kidding. Too bad and his speech in the ring is now pretty ironic in the worst way.

Wrestling doesn't seem to yield positive results for a long and happy life. RIP.

Wrestlers typically don't make 60. He lived a long time compared to others.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
As a child, I also had a huge Ultimate Warrior poster on my bedroom wall (right next to Cindy Crawford). My favorite wrestler growing up... sad news. RIP Warrior.

Its strange how so many wrestlers pass away at a young age

I had a Ultimate Warrior, Cindy Crawford, Cat Woman and Christina Applegate poster growing up.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
We're lucky that Hulk Hogan is still with us ;as there were many accusations back in the day of the Hulkster taking Steriods.

Another wrestler that I'm surprised is still with us is Razor Ramon(Scott Hall).

He's been plagued with Alcohol and Drug issues for so long.

Hogan admitted that he used steroids regularly. And Hall was just put in the Hall of Fame too. He's been clean for a while now (again).

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
There must be a lot of drug use along with stress that comes with being a wrestler. These guys have a short life-span.

People will blame steroids, but I think it's more combining many drugs that takes a toll on the body. I think the real killer is not steroids or coke, it's pain killers in large doses.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
People will blame steroids, but I think it's more combining many drugs that takes a toll on the body. I think the real killer is not steroids or coke, it's pain killers in large doses.

Likely all three and the stress, both physical and mental. CTE is known in a bunch of these guys too, Benoit being the most noted.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
steroids, illegal drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, eating habits, weight problems, lack of sleep, stress, over training....these are the things that shorten a pro wrestlers life, either all or some of these things. read any autobiography of some of these guys and you'll see what i mean. i'm surprised that Tom Billington, aka The Dynamite Kid is still alive after the hard partying and steroid abuse he put himself through (including steroids used for horses!!) .

SerbianEagle

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Did Brett Hart not have a stroke a few years ago?

Owen died as a result of WWE trying to always go for the most dramatic ring entrances possible, and then Davey Boy Smith died in Banff I believe from a heart attack a few years ago. The other guy that used to go with them also died, but I forgot his name.

So, Brett and Jim the Anvil are alive still, and hopefully for years to come.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

Owen died as a result of WWE trying to always go for the most dramatic ring entrances possible, and then Davey Boy Smith died in Banff I believe from a heart attack a few years ago. The other guy that used to go with them also died, but I forgot his name.

bret harts stroke was induced from him falling off a bike and hitting his dome, wasnt wearing a helmet. The hart family wasnt involved in the steroid game (davey boy smith was but he's married in).

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Brian Pillman was the other guy.

A lot of wrestler's young deaths are heart issues. The human body is not meant to be on steroids long term. The heart is a muscle, and long term steroid use does to it what it does to other muscles. Eddie Guerrero, Pillman, The Bulldog, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Road Warrior Hawk, Ray "Big Boss Man" Traylor, Umaga, Brian "Crush" Adams, and now possibly Warrior (going off of reports that people saw him grab his chest while going down in his hotel, etc.) all known steroid users who went down with heart issues. Sad.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

10-4. add up all the painkillers, anti-inflammatories, wear and tear on the body, celebrity lifestyle, plus overbuilding the body and you have a short life.

we don't even know which is worse, taking the roids or over building the body. If you are a nature 200Lb'er and you add on 50Lbs of muscle, it's like pulling a 35' trailer with a half ton. You are not running it to spec. Roids allow you to over build far beyond what is naturally possible.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Brian Pillman was the other guy.

A lot of wrestler's young deaths are heart issues. The human body is not meant to be on steroids long term. The heart is a muscle, and long term steroid use does to it what it does to other muscles. Eddie Guerrero, Pillman, The Bulldog, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Road Warrior Hawk, Ray "Big Boss Man" Traylor, Umaga, Brian "Crush" Adams, and now possibly Warrior (going off of reports that people saw him grab his chest while going down in his hotel, etc.) all known steroid users who went down with heart issues. Sad.

Eddie Guerreo's addiction was painkillers and booze, not steroids. And from the looks of it, painkillers are just as, if not more problematic than steroids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad