OT: WWF Wrestlng Legend, Ultimate Warrior, has passed Away

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Absolutely shocked, he was on TV on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

RIP.

Terrible week for Wrestling fans, the streak and now this.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I remember coming home from my first wrestling show as a young boy with a poster of The Ultimate Warrior. That poster hung on my bedroom door for far longer than was acceptable. One Halloween, I painted my face, tied neon shoelaces around my arms, and put on my sleeveless leather vest, in what I to this day consider my best costume ever. Thankfully, I chose to bypass the speedo for jeans. I would pretend my stuffed animals were Mr. Perfect or Ravishing Rick Rude, and deliver the Gorilla Press and big splash, Ultimate Warrior style. A few years later, the stuffies were replaced by my friends, and a trampoline. At that time, Warrior stopped with the overhead gorilla press, and I thought it was fate as I couldn't do it. But I could sure do his diving shoulder tackle, and would whenever I could Shortly after, The Ultimate Warrior disappeared from my television, and I moved on. I would occassionaly hear about something Warrior said or did that made me realize he wasn`t always in touch with reality or society. As an adult, I certainly didn`t agree with a lot of the opinions he made public. But, Warrior was a part of some of my fondest childhood memories, and it is an odd experience, hearing that a childhood hero has passed away. He said it best himself on Monday. "Nobody becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats it final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. But if what that man does in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others, makes them believe in something larger than life, then his essense, his spirit, will be immortalized." Rest easy Warrior.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
as a 8-10 year old boy i remember crying in front of my whole family when Ravishing rick rude beat the Ultimate warrior.

RIP

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
This's what he said on RAW 24 hours before his death.

"Every mans heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe its final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the bodies of others; If it makes them believe deeper in something larger than life; than his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized."

I'm just glad he made peace with Vince and most of the WWF/WWE superstars before he passed away.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
One of the best entrances ever. Sometimes he would come out during his entrance music, run around the ring, run backstage, confusing everybody, only to come back out and do the same thing.

RIP.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
as a 8-10 year old boy i remember crying in front of my whole family when Ravishing rick rude beat the Ultimate warrior.

RIP

:laugh: No shame in that. My childhood was all the better for believing that the WWF was real. The euphoria felt when a favorite wrestler won a big match or a title...only compared to the Oilers winning. The excitement when the Warrior made his ring entrances...man.

I just downloaded a couple Ultimate Warrior features last week. Time to watch them to reflect.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
i just found out this morning! died the day after he appeared on Raw....sad and shocking ! you have to wonder though when you get all jacked and roided up that maybe there is a price to pay later in life? Warrior was only 54 and looked like he was sweating and uncomfortable during his Hall Of Fame speech. Hercules Hernandez apparently died of heart disease at just 47 ! and Bryan Adams (Crush) died at only 43! and apparently 'roids played a part.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
One of the best entrances ever. Sometimes he would come out during his entrance music, run around the ring, run backstage, confusing everybody, only to come back out and do the same thing.

RIP.

Watched a lot of documentaries of various wrestlers as well as read some of the biographies and it seems most were confused everytime the warrior was involved. Hogan seemed to really have a tough time passing the torch to a guy that was talking about things that only should happen in rooms with padded walls.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
i just found out this morning! died the day after he appeared on Raw....sad and shocking ! you have to wonder though when you get all jacked and roided up that maybe there is a price to pay later in life? Warrior was only 54 and looked like he was sweating and uncomfortable during his Hall Of Fame speech. Hercules Hernandez apparently died of heart disease at just 47 ! and Bryan Adams (Crush) died at only 43! and apparently 'roids played a part.

You look at guys like Adams, Umaga(36) and Hercules or even Rude who was 40 and you have to think guys like Warrior and Hogan must often wonder when their time would be up.

Link to other guys that have died.
http://www.deadwrestlers.net/

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
There must be a lot of drug use along with stress that comes with being a wrestler. These guys have a short life-span.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Have the circumstances surrounding his death been released yet? Just logged on here and haven't had a chance to google it yet?

hawks889

Jul 6, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta,
Have the circumstances surrounding his death been released yet? Just logged on here and haven't had a chance to google it yet?

sounds like he may have suffered a heart attack, he died outside walking to his car with his wife, His speech on monday night raw was eeire, as he was talking about taking your last breath in life . He looked visibly strained at times sweating profusely, but nobody could have seen this coming,

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
sounds like he may have suffered a heart attack, he died outside walking to his car with his wife, His speech on monday night raw was eeire, as he was talking about taking your last breath in life . He looked visibly strained at times sweating profusely, but nobody could have seen this coming,

Seriously?

Roids for that many years will do that to one's body eventually. It's just a matter of when.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There must be a lot of drug use along with stress that comes with being a wrestler. These guys have a short life-span.

The fact that in the past guys were wrestling so many nights in a row the drugs required for them to perform well night in and night out were harsh enough. In a lot of cases it wasn't like guys really didn't realize they had issues as it was quite common for guys to pop pain killers and then take some sort of upper closer to fight time.

For a sport deemed "fake" it seems to take a toll a lot harder than "real" sports do.

Shawn Michaels was a good one. Went to a "regular" doctor and was told his knees were beyond shot and that he had to retire immediately or end up a cripple. So he goes ahead and quits only to find out by a "wrestling" doctor that his knees were no worse than any other guy with the amount of wrestling that he had.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
As a child, I also had a huge Ultimate Warrior poster on my bedroom wall (right next to Cindy Crawford). My favorite wrestler growing up... sad news. RIP Warrior.

Its strange how so many wrestlers pass away at a young age

Last edited:

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
His speech on monday night raw was eeire, as he was talking about taking your last breath in life . He looked visibly strained at times sweating profusely, but nobody could have seen this coming,

i though that was eerie too! problem is we may never know what his doctor said to him about his heart or his general state of health. as far as i ever knew, he still worked out in the gym, so when he got to the ring on Raw and didn't shake the ropes hardly at all, i thought that was very odd.

hawks889

Jul 6, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta,
i though that was eerie too! problem is we may never know what his doctor said to him about his heart or his general state of health. as far as i ever knew, he still worked out in the gym, so when he got to the ring on Raw and didn't shake the ropes hardly at all, i thought that was very odd.

Yep, here is the transcript from his speech monday,

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper than something that is larger than life, than his essence, his spirit will be immortalized. By the storytellers, by the loyalty, of those who honor him and make what that man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you are the legend-makers of Ultimate Warrior... I am Ultimate Warrior, you are the Ultimate Warrior fans, and the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!"

Eskie Jetski

Jun 25, 2004
You look at guys like Adams, Umaga(36) and Hercules or even Rude who was 40 and you have to think guys like Warrior and Hogan must often wonder when their time would be up.

Link to other guys that have died.
http://www.deadwrestlers.net/

Looking at that dead wrestlers link, you could create your own "Afterlife Royal Rumble" with all the tragedies accumulated. There would be lots of giants, fat dudes and roid-heads in there to say the least.

My favourite Warrior memory is actually that Slim Jim commercial where he tells those three bored kids to SNAP INTO IT!

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
As a child, I also had a huge Ultimate Warrior poster on my bedroom wall (right next to Cindy Crawford). My favorite wrestler growing up... sad news. RIP Warrior.

Its strange how so many wrestlers pass away at a young age

Not really strange at all. You're filling a company with testosterone and heavy doses of pain medication and telling them all that there's only a limited amount of air time to go around. It's a million times more pressure than hitting home runs. They're going to do what they need to do and it's going to end up in an early death even if you remove the fact that they're being constantly hit in the head.

Last edited:

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
:laugh: No shame in that. My childhood was all the better for believing that the WWF was real. The euphoria felt when a favorite wrestler won a big match or a title...only compared to the Oilers winning. The excitement when the Warrior made his ring entrances...man.

I just downloaded a couple Ultimate Warrior features last week. Time to watch them to reflect.

It's fake??? What?!!!

:facepalm:

my life...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad