GDT: WWE Survivor Series (Nov. 20, 2016) -- lolol 6 hours in Toronto

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Blah blah blah, your original premise is she's a bigger star than Lesnar and she's not. Look at the buy rates, McGregor just took the record. Everything else is saltiness. :laugh:

Lets see

first woman main event champion
Made the UFC billions and herself triple digit millions
made an acting career through her exposure from MMA dominance
has never had any performance enhance suspensions much less alligations.

Meanwhile lesnar has more losses than Ronda (in b4 women/men conspiracy) has been PROVEN to be on performance enhancers and is nowhere near the most dominant MMA fighter in any way shape or form. McGregor made more money in one year than all of the fighters in 2014 COMBINED and is by far more decorated than lesnar.

So stop acting like chris jericho would say, a stupid idiot.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I was stunned. Started counting with the crowd, one, two, awwww for the kick out but he didn't. It was stunning. I was ok with it though. The PPV was really fun live. There has to be something more with the Goldberg story and I'm excited to see it play out.

Awesome live event.:yo:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It's great that the crowd was so into the way the match ended. I actually expected them to boo Goldberg and cheer Lesnar when both first came out. Imagine if it had been reversed though and everyone was booing? Then the "cool moment" or "epic end" that some people are saying wouldn't have felt that way at all. Vince is super lucky it played out the way it did. :laugh:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Went to both, they were both incredible. Survivor Series delivered too. Was so much fun, the crowd was great. Won't forget the 10 chants from either night.

Takeover was fantastic also. I'll be at raw tomorrow and then going home for smackdown. It's been a blast in toronto so far. Can't say enough about the great wrestling fans here this weekend. :handclap:

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
He also just destroyed the 8th ranked UFC Heavyweight, was a former UFC Heavyweight Champion and is the biggest wrestling and MMA star on the planet. Lesnar has been floating around combat sports for his entire life. Goldberg is a football idiot who got into wrestling for money, quit when his fee fees got hurt and disappeared for 13 years before deciding to come back for one night.

He never destroyed Mark Hunt.. He won, didn't come close to destroying him despite the GnP.

Damn, the 5-on-5 match was 53 minutes long.

I don't watch wrestling much. Sometimes the big four, CW tournament, and NXT. Loved this match for some reason. Randy Orton is just another level to me. I thought he was the star of this match.

Lesnar's time in WWE has minimized his star power, imo. He's not the biggest MMA star.

He's the third biggest star in terms of PPV buys IMO. Conor McGregor number 1, Ronda Rousey number 2 and Brock Lesnar number 3.

There's not a lot of guys that can sell with their name alone. Jon Jones has never been a big PPV buy. Biggest I think is 800k for a grudge match against Daniel Cormier which was impressive.

Goldberg is set for the Royal Rumble, apparently.

That, and the number for the MSG show may even top it.

I wish he were on Smackdown. I think AJ Styles could get a four star match out of him.

Lets see

first woman main event champion
Made the UFC billions and herself triple digit millions
made an acting career through her exposure from MMA dominance
has never had any performance enhance suspensions much less alligations.

Meanwhile lesnar has more losses than Ronda (in b4 women/men conspiracy) has been PROVEN to be on performance enhancers and is nowhere near the most dominant MMA fighter in any way shape or form. McGregor made more money in one year than all of the fighters in 2014 COMBINED and is by far more decorated than lesnar.

So stop acting like chris jericho would say, a stupid idiot.

1. Ronda's level of competition is much different than Brock's to be fair. WMMA isn't too far along. It's getting better. Think the Hughes/Penn days. It is improving. I personally love the SW division the most.

2. Brock fights in a division where guys don't have a great record in the UFC. At HW you can get your head knocked off in a ****ing second.

3. Ronda is a real ****** actress.

4. Ronda never made the UFC billions. She brought in audiences for sure, but the name alone was massive. Come on now.

5. Ronda Rousey was just starting to come out as a massive superstar before the loss. She started off co headlining with big names, built a brand and sold some massive PPVs. Her last three or so PPV buy rates were insane. 193 wasn't stacked and sold 1.1M. 190 had .9M. 184 had .6M and was a really, really ****** card.

As for this event, I enjoyed it. I like the idea of squashes, running people over and have you thinking holy ****. Reminds me a lot of MMA. Kind of similar to Holm/Ronda actually. Didn't like how Taker couldn't get it done and then Goldberg did it. LOVED the massive 5 on 5. I really liked the tag match shockingly. Missed the rest I think.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Boy will this suck even more if the whole point was just for Brock to go over at Mania.

Taker/Cena
Styles/Goldberg
HHH/Rollins
Owens/Lesnar
Joe/Roman
Ladder match (CWs)
Miz vs Sami vs Ziggler vs Balor (IC)
Wyatt running over the Rock

is my ideal show.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
The internet is so split on the Goldberg match. Think its a good thing. At least it brings out emotion. Emotion=value.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Kofi's twitter post towards brock is great, LOL.

Also, lets take note that bray pinned both rollins and reigns essentially clean. How about that for people complaining he gets no credibility?

1. Ronda's level of competition is much different than Brock's to be fair. WMMA isn't too far along. It's getting better. Think the Hughes/Penn days. It is improving. I personally love the SW division the most.

2. Brock fights in a division where guys don't have a great record in the UFC. At HW you can get your head knocked off in a ****ing second.

3. Ronda is a real ****** actress.

4. Ronda never made the UFC billions. She brought in audiences for sure, but the name alone was massive. Come on now.

5. Ronda Rousey was just starting to come out as a massive superstar before the loss. She started off co headlining with big names, built a brand and sold some massive PPVs. Her last three or so PPV buy rates were insane. 193 wasn't stacked and sold 1.1M. 190 had .9M. 184 had .6M and was a really, really ****** card.

As for this event, I enjoyed it. I like the idea of squashes, running people over and have you thinking holy ****. Reminds me a lot of MMA. Kind of similar to Holm/Ronda actually. Didn't like how Taker couldn't get it done and then Goldberg did it. LOVED the massive 5 on 5. I really liked the tag match shockingly. Missed the rest I think.

The difference is, i never claimed that ronda was the be all end all of the UFC / MMA scene or declared her "MMA Champion of the world" :laugh:

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Randy Orton was the MVP of the night. Dude is so good and when he cares he can be the best. He cared tonight.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Randy Orton was the MVP of the night. Dude is so good and when he cares he can be the best. He cared tonight.

I like how he is the next level at SS, similar to Taker at WM - obviously not as high. I blinked and next thing you know he hit two RKOs. His powerslam is so legit. Kind of a hockey thing, but his IQ is very high. I hope he sticks with Wyatt for awhile, doesn't speak much and goes sociopath on everyone. Just completely dangerous.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Had to do SD vs Raw with the brands coming in, but a part of me wishes they really did Canada vs US. I think it could have been really, really sweet. Sami Zayn, Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, build up Breeze, etc?

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
i threw money on Goldberg 4 days ago. Not shocked at the outcome at all.

1. These dudes cant wrestle long at all

2. what's the point of another lesnar squash match after he defeated guys who are "better" than Goldberg?

3. The fans are behind Goldberg. Send em home happy, even if they are delusional like BonMorrissey said.

4. The Lesnar character is stale. Time for a shake up. Time for a defeat.

5. I made big money.

Great weekend thus far in the 416. Hope those all in TDot are having a fun time too. The last ppv we had was in 2006 - cherish it and have fun. screw the haters in here chirping the ending.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Kofi's twitter post towards brock is great, LOL.

Also, lets take note that bray pinned both rollins and reigns essentially clean. How about that for people complaining he gets no credibility?

The difference is, i never claimed that ronda was the be all end all of the UFC / MMA scene or declared her "MMA Champion of the world" :laugh:

People had a right to complain about Bray's credibility. It is great he got the win, but now they need to build something off it.

Was great at Battleground when Sami got that big win against KO in a MOTYC and barely gets on the card from week to week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad