OT: WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread: World WRoman Entertainment

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
In watching some old Stone Cold Steve Austin clips, I always marveled at the incredible chemistry between Austin and the guy throwing him his beers.

I don't think they ever botched one ever LOL.

Lotsa practice...maybe the dude used to be a Batting practice pitcher. I wonder if Stone Cold has ever addressed that on one of his podcasts.

mti79

May 11, 2007
I thought Takeover was great and the main roster guys better bring it tonight because NXT set a pretty high bar.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Just about every match was good but just about every result was wrong. The talent is there, the booking is not.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Overall I enjoyed the card, though I did have some observations:

1. Chris Jericho has noticeably lost a step and at this point is not helping his legacy. I actually don't have a problem with the result, I just don't think the two quite have the chemistry to pull off a classic.

2. I felt like the show lost a lot of steam after Taker-Shane. Personally, I enjoyed the match --- but I think the audience was spent after that.

3. The Main Event was abysmal. Both Triple H and Roman Reigns need to be in there with someone who can bump and move around for them. You put the two of them together and it's slow, predictable and and dull.

4. Reigns would best be served as the leader of a heel faction and postioned as a take no prisoners tough guy. The more they try to "humanize" him the more it hurts his character. I'd do a Roman Empire faction with the Usos, Tamina and maybe a mouthpiece. Position them like an organized crime family and play up the audiences dislike for Reigns by turning him into a monster heel.

5. The overall program was way too long. Asking your audience to sit through nearly 7 hours of programming is a very tall order.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Overall I enjoyed the card, though I did have some observations:

1. Chris Jericho has noticeably lost a step and at this point is not helping his legacy. I actually don't have a problem with the result, I just don't think the two quite have the chemistry to pull off a classic.

2. I felt like the show lost a lot of steam after Taker-Shane. Personally, I enjoyed the match --- but I think the audience was spent after that.

3. The Main Event was abysmal. Both Triple H and Roman Reigns need to be in there with someone who can bump and move around for them. You put the two of them together and it's slow, predictable and and dull.

4. Reigns would best be served as the leader of a heel faction and postioned as a take no prisoners tough guy. The more they try to "humanize" him the more it hurts his character. I'd do a Roman Empire faction with the Usos, Tamina and maybe a mouthpiece. Position them like an organized crime family and play up the audiences dislike for Reigns by turning him into a monster heel.

5. The overall program was way too long. Asking your audience to sit through nearly 7 hours of programming is a very tall order.

This is real life and you are full of s....uffering succotash. I don't even call it humanizing because what human acts like that? It's buffoonery.

Not only was it 7 hours (you can take out the pre show for most and make it what...5?) it was all DEFLATING. Heelmania was running wild. it was extremely strange. For most of the outcomes I can't even see how it served the story they were telling. Or it clearly hurts them long term if they're building up the future of the product. Baffling. I can't think of a single match that was great. Some good ones. But I felt more often than not like it was just slooowww and boring.

The women's match was pretty good

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This is real life and you are full of s....uffering succotash. I don't even call it humanizing because what human acts like that? It's buffoonery.

Not only was it 7 hours (you can take out the pre show for most and make it what...5?) it was all DEFLATING. Heelmania was running wild. it was extremely strange. For most of the outcomes I can't even see how it served the story they were telling. Or it clearly hurts them long term if they're building up the future of the product. Baffling. I can't think of a single match that was great. Some good ones. But I felt more often than not like it was just slooowww and boring.

The women's match was pretty good

:laugh:

Personally, I liked the women's match, Taker-Shane, the IC match and the Jericho-Styles match.

I will agree that the WWE did an awful job of making any current talent look like a legit threat though.

At some point Ambrose and The Wyatt's need to look strong against someone of consequence and come out on the top end of a feud.

I also have to take into account the number of guys they've lost this year. The roster is without Bryan, Orton, Cena, Sting and few others that, at the very least, people had a vested interest in seeing.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I thought Takeover was great and the main roster guys better bring it tonight because NXT set a pretty high bar.

Honest to god I bought the Network so I could watch Takeover and I was thoroughly impressed. Zayn/Nakamura made it well worth the $9.99. It was probably the best match I've ever seen.

As for WM, I thought the IC Ladder match was pretty dope, Zayn and Owens tore the house down, Ryder winning was kind of weird considering how irrelevant he has been.

Jericho winning was weird, LON winning was weird, Ambrose looked pretty dumb not figuring out how to use the chainsaw and didn't even use the barbed wire bat, and is done as a main event talent after losing to Lesnar so weakly.

Wyatt's were totally buried by Rock, as if they could look any worse but now it will be impossible to take them seriously ever again. And Rock, I really could care less about seeing him anymore. Punk called his shtick lame and old during their feud and here we are 3-4 years later and he is still cracking the corny jokes.

I know I am just nitpicking here but the People's elbow last night looked so dumb. Wyatt took the spinebuster and was motionless in the ring while Rock did his thing, literally motionless. Then Rock hits him with the drop, and THEN Wyatt comes back to life and rolls out of the ring. Makes no sense if you think about it.

I enjoyed the Women's match, hope they can continue to build on that and take advantage of how deep that division can be. Hope when Bayley comes up they don't book her into oblivion like most of the other NXT call ups.

Shane losing basically meant the last month+ of build was all for nothing.

The entire show really was just pointless and a massive waste of time. It was a struggle to get through. The ME was insanely boring. These guys were at each other's throats for weeks but yet here they are in the match and it was slow as **** with submission holds.

The WWE product has gone way downhill, it has become borderline watchable.

I'll watch RAW tonight because the crowd should be fire and maybe we'll some NXT'ers come up, but other than that I think I am done with this garbage.

edit: All of my problems are with the booking and the direction of the company. No beef with the wrestlers who just do what they are told.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I wouldn't mind seeing a brand split but they gotta get the ****ing injuries under control first.

Vince has to get it through his thick skull that the schedule has to be rolled back. The human body can't do this 5-6 nights a week.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The schedule is a big problem.

As is the in-match expectations for these guys. Guys are doing more in-ring stuff than they used to and that takes a heavy toll.

The increased attention to wellness and health is also a contributor. It's not that these guys weren't suffering through these things in the past, it's that the WWE can't just look the other way anymore.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Honest to god I bought the Network so I could watch Takeover and I was thoroughly impressed. Zayn/Nakamura made it well worth the $9.99. It was probably the best match I've ever seen.

As for WM, I thought the IC Ladder match was pretty dope, Zayn and Owens tore the house down, Ryder winning was kind of weird considering how irrelevant he has been.

Jericho winning was weird, LON winning was weird, Ambrose looked pretty dumb not figuring out how to use the chainsaw and didn't even use the barbed wire bat, and is done as a main event talent after losing to Lesnar so weakly.

Wyatt's were totally buried by Rock, as if they could look any worse but now it will be impossible to take them seriously ever again. And Rock, I really could care less about seeing him anymore. Punk called his shtick lame and old during their feud and here we are 3-4 years later and he is still cracking the corny jokes.

I know I am just nitpicking here but the People's elbow last night looked so dumb. Wyatt took the spinebuster and was motionless in the ring while Rock did his thing, literally motionless. Then Rock hits him with the drop, and THEN Wyatt comes back to life and rolls out of the ring. Makes no sense if you think about it.

I enjoyed the Women's match, hope they can continue to build on that and take advantage of how deep that division can be. Hope when Bayley comes up they don't book her into oblivion like most of the other NXT call ups.

Shane losing basically meant the last month+ of build was all for nothing.

The entire show really was just pointless and a massive waste of time. It was a struggle to get through. The ME was insanely boring. These guys were at each other's throats for weeks but yet here they are in the match and it was slow as **** with submission holds.

The WWE product has gone way downhill, it has become borderline watchable.

I'll watch RAW tonight because the crowd should be fire and maybe we'll some NXT'ers come up, but other than that I think I am done with this garbage.

edit: All of my problems are with the booking and the direction of the company. No beef with the wrestlers who just do what they are told.

In this world where Bryan came back from an 18 second mania loss I thinK Ambrose is definitely safe in the ME picture should the E decide to push him there.

The Wyatts can even come back and I've never, EVER seen a stable or wrestler misused and buried the way this group has been. The guy could have been making them so much more money all this time if he wasn't made to look like the best promo jobber in history. His feud with Bryan, Cena, Reigns and Ambrose were all great. Everytime he even SNIFFS at main eventing people go ballistic. The only person to grab the crowd as much as Ambrose did at the Rumble was Wyatt when he came face to face with HHH. The volume wasn't as high but you could feel how the audinece was salivating with anticipation. Then Sheamus boots him and he gets unceremoniously dumped. that's even after years of being made to look like a jackass.

Didn't mean to go off on a WYatt tangent but god it drives me crazy like nothing else in wrestling. Point being guys who are over with the crowd can't be truly buried . Even Sandow gets a hero's welcome everytime he comes back and he's so buried by creative that he's popping his head out in China to say hello.

I always saw the Shane angle as exactly what it ended up being so i wasn't disappointed. The lack of common sense in the story as it progressed was grating though.

I agree when you say how nonsensicala lot of stuff was. I just dont think it equates to burial or anything like thatsimply because the whole show is written so poorly that everyone is on the same playing field of crappiness. Except maybe Kevin owens. Can't think of anything they've done wrongwith him at all. Sureyou could say he should've had another win against Cena and he could have been put in a program for the ttitle by now but with what they've done with him instead I can't complain

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
As for my Raw analysis:

Thought the first 2 and a half hours of raw were overall boring.

Found it hilarious how Vince was desperate to shut the crowd up wehn he realized what they were chanting. Instead of continuing to drown him out they got suckered in by what he was saying. They could have made him look EXTREMELY bad.

I thought Reigns short but simple promo was very well done.

Jericho threatened to stop speaking and then continued to sp[eak. thought he made himself look like a buffoon there but I laughed

Charlotte being asked to deliver a sincere babyface promo was a horrifically bad decision. But as a heel I'm shocked she didn't seize the golden moment to say "While I've been up here cementing my legacy and becoming champion Bayley continues to be a minor leaguer. Guess what? She ain't coming so you all better shut your mouths and give me some damn respect!"

Heeling 101. But i know some of the wrestlers are terrified to go off script.

Ezno and cass just wentnuclear.

Loved the whole final halfhour of the show

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

Hilarious video of a Money in the Bank ladder match from India in some street alley. I'd highly recommend watching it if you want a good laugh. I hope I embedded the video properly, mods help me out if I didn't thanks and enjoy

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I am so beyond disgusted with WWE right now.

Wrestlemania 30.

You have the Undertaker's streak, which is the biggest angle in wrestling history. You could have fed that to a young star, but no, they give it to a part-timer. Not just a part-timer, but ****ing Lesnar. So many young guys could have used that rub. But no, they pick Lesnar who is already a WWE Champion, NCAA Champion, and UFC Champion, and needed a rub like Dan Girardi needs a chin implant.

But they have a chance to redeem themselves because Lesnar proceeds to become the most overbooked, squash-job artist in the history of the company. But, here's the kick, people are buying it. He's unbeatable an people believe that. When he finally falls, you have yet another chance to make somebody. Imagine the launch you give to a younger guy being the first one to beat Lesnar clean since he came back. So what do they do?

They give it to Goldberg who is 50 and MIGHT have one more match. This is a complete waste of something that could have made somebody, used on a guy who not only doesn't need it, but literally can't use it because he's leaving.

And moreover, they now make their entire locker room look like little ****ing babies who can't fight, because a 50 year old man who's been sitting on his couch for ten years just squashed the guy who's been DESTROYING them.

Lesnar's rampage is over, Goldberg is taking it with him, and the entire locker room is reduced to ****. Literally the entire company loses in this storyline.

Done.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Wrestlemania 30.

You have the Undertaker's streak, which is the biggest angle in wrestling history. You could have fed that to a young star, but no, they give it to a part-timer. Not just a part-timer, but ****ing Lesnar. So many young guys could have used that rub. But no, they pick Lesnar who is already a WWE Champion, NCAA Champion, and UFC Champion, and needed a rub like Dan Girardi needs a chin implant.

But they have a chance to redeem themselves because Lesnar proceeds to become the most overbooked, squash-job artist in the history of the company. But, here's the kick, people are buying it. He's unbeatable an people believe that. When he finally falls, you have yet another chance to make somebody. Imagine the launch you give to a younger guy being the first one to beat Lesnar clean since he came back. So what do they do?

They give it to Goldberg who is 50 and MIGHT have one more match. This is a complete waste of something that could have made somebody, used on a guy who not only doesn't need it, but literally can't use it because he's leaving.

And moreover, they now make their entire locker room look like little ****ing babies who can't fight, because a 50 year old man who's been sitting on his couch for ten years just squashed the guy who's been DESTROYING them.

Lesnar's rampage is over, Goldberg is taking it with him, and the entire locker room is reduced to ****. Literally the entire company loses in this storyline.

Done.

I completely agree. I'll admit that I've loosely followed the WWE the past couple weeks because of Goldberg making a cameo, but I fully expected Lesnar to completely destroy him. Goldberg actually winning, in 80 seconds no less, was completely shocking.

They can fix this though. They could book a guy like Kevin Owens and have him beat Goldberg at Mania.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008

Wrestlemania 30.

Done.

Clearly Goldberg has not been sitting on his couch. Guy's in great shape and based on YouTube videos of him working out it shows.

Brock beating Undertaker I don't agree with, like you said give that to a young up and comer. That streak was sacred and should've been broken by someone in the full time roster.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Clearly Goldberg has not been sitting on his couch. Guy's in great shape and based on YouTube videos of him working out it shows.

Brock beating Undertaker I don't agree with, like you said give that to a young up and comer. That streak was sacred and should've been broken by someone in the full time roster.

That's fair enough and full credit to Goldberg, but it still makes the full-timers look pretty ******.

This is the guy who eviscerated John Cena and left Randy Orton in a pool of blood.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
The elimination match was pretty awesome. Rollins, AJ and Shane McMahon took monumental bumps throughout the whole thing. Gotta take my hat off to Shane he was beaten to a pulp and took it like a champ. AJ is the best wrestler on the planet more than that he takes the nastiest bumps and makes everyone he is in the ring with look sterling.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I love Santana Garrett why isn't she signed to WWE? She is freaking Wonder Woman.

I hear buzz of a woman's tournament for the Spring ala cruiserweight classic.

a1c082fe7e91b8fb76a88df5419c8fd0.jpg

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
I think Goldberg vs Lesnar was easily the match of the year for me :nod: I miss that excitement in Pro Wrestling. Obviously they are going to give Brock his win back at Mania so no reason to be sad. Goldberg surprised Lesnar. It happens. Goldberg at 50 is miles ahead of any superstar in the locker room at the moment when it comes to charisma.

I have always blamed Vince for not creating stars but it is not all his fault cause none of those superstars nowadays has any legitimate bad ass feel except for Lesnar who is a part timer. And maybe someone like Samoa Joe and Reigns but Reigns is not a very entertaining guy otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad