WWE: WWE PPV Thread: Up Now - THE ROYAL RUMBLE (with no fans)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Listen... that was f***ing TERRIFIC. Everything Taker needed and more. AJ was acting like a serious A+ actor. That was AMAZING. I would have loved a little more craziness (Druids, Kane, Paul Bearer voice, Urn, etc). But I so badly needed that for Taker. He was a shell of himself and man that was just SUCH a good taste of what the man used to be.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Listen... that was f***ing TERRIFIC. Everything Taker needed and more. AJ was acting like a serious A+ actor. That was AMAZING. I would have loved a little more craziness (Druids, Kane, Paul Bearer voice, Urn, etc). But I so badly needed that for Taker. He was a shell of himself and man that was just SUCH a good taste of what the man used to be.
this was the essence of cheesy 80s/early 90s wrestling with modern production values, and it was awesome

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
When i was a very little kid I can still remember the Royal Rumble w/ Taker lightning hitting the casket in like Rumble 93 or 94.. whatever it was. That was as cheesy and hilarious. I loved it.

Reactions: TD Charlie

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
That was the best thing I've seen in years on WWE. Taker and AJ killed it. Awesome.....

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Undertaker's obviously been planning for something like this for a long time. Would be surprised if Jeremy Borash didn't do a lot of heavy lifting on production. Show overall was better than it could've been.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Liked the show quite a bit.

Cesaro getting a win? Hell f***ing yeah.
Opening Tag Match was really good.
Liked the finish to Elias/Corbin.
Shayna/Becky was good.
Ladder match was very good (although the sound of the ladders being so crystal clear gave me the willies haha).
Sami/Bryan was weird, but good. Weird because it seemed like a match that would have worked REALLY well with a small crowd.
Seth/Owens was decent enough.
Goldberg/Braun was f***ing dumb. Get both of them off my TV.
Boneyard match was f***ing strange and I loved it. A few minor nitpicks, but really great stuff.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Liked the show quite a bit.

Cesaro getting a win? Hell f***ing yeah.
Opening Tag Match was really good.
Liked the finish to Elias/Corbin.
Shayna/Becky was good.
Ladder match was very good (although the sound of the ladders being so crystal clear gave me the willies haha).
Sami/Bryan was weird, but good. Weird because it seemed like a match that would have worked REALLY well with a small crowd.
Seth/Owens was decent enough.
Goldberg/Braun was f***ing dumb. Get both of them off my TV.
Boneyard match was f***ing strange and I loved it. A few minor nitpicks, but really great stuff.
My only real complaint was that Bryan and Sami was way shorter than I would've liked. They could've just had this go until 10:10-10:15 (or hell, make it go to 11 with another hour of Undertaker vs AJ).

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
took a screen shot

upload_2020-4-4_22-26-4.png

Reactions: CHGoalie27

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Undertaker vs AJ Style, simply wow!

A perfect combination of Character work, psychology and storytelling in a wonderful cinematographic visual.

This is how you entertain your audience!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad