GDT: WWE Great Balls of Fire (9th July 2017) - Goodness, Gracious, Yet Another PPV!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Fun show and nice to see Joe in the main even treated like a big deal.

But this Roman Reigns stuff comeon. I like my wrestling trashy but attempted murder is a bit much. Angle just gives him a look, the announcers brush over it. Its stupid, and I can tolerate stupid in wrestling but I hate these angles. Hopefully they brush it under the rug and move on. I bet Vince will still try and babyface Roman up though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm wasn't a fan of the way the main event ended. Joe looked weak.

Not really. He kept himself open in an attempt to choke out Lesnar and Lesnar took advantage. The F5 isn't a move that should be kicked out of anyways, imo. Joe got more offense in than anyone since Lesnar ended the streak (not including part-timers, and he still probably got more in than Goldberg did). Joe looked like money and Lesnar being happy with Joe bodes well for the prospect of the program continuing down the road.

I hope they follow up Reigns/Strowman with a double turn. They sure talked about it like it was last night by putting Strowman over for walking out on his own.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah I have ZERO issues with 1 F5 finishing it, if the WWE didn't spend about 10 years spamming finishers. It's WWE's fault that finishers don't mean as much. That was a solid brawl, as it should have been.

It was a fight and it was great. Finish was fine, but I want this to continue at some point.

This was one of the most enjoyable Brock matches in ****ing ages.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not really. He kept himself open in an attempt to choke out Lesnar and Lesnar took advantage. The F5 isn't a move that should be kicked out of anyways, imo. Joe got more offense in than anyone since Lesnar ended the streak (not including part-timers, and he still probably got more in than Goldberg did). Joe looked like money and Lesnar being happy with Joe bodes well for the prospect of the program continuing down the road.

I hope they follow up Reigns/Strowman with a double turn. They sure talked about it like it was last night by putting Strowman over for walking out on his own.

Bryan and Vinny said it best. Any other company this is an obvious double turn.

If they do it right and go through with it, this was amazing. If Roman is a face tonight this is extremely stupid.

Roman lost fair and square. He was a giant sore loser and tried to kill Braun. It is a double turn.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I get the sense that Ambrose just goes and does his job and doesn't really care anymore. Dude openly attacked the name of the PPV on commentary last week asking whose dumb idea it was lol. Dude needs something to spark his ass and get him motivated again.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I get the sense that Ambrose just goes and does his job and doesn't really care anymore. Dude openly attacked the name of the PPV on commentary last week asking whose dumb idea it was lol. Dude needs something to spark his ass and get him motivated again.

This. Put him in a program with Rollins again, somehow, and watch the magic.

He's been so dull/boring for a while now, since his AJ / Cena feud.

He was starting to get really good with Cena and AJ then went on autopilot like he's done many times before.

Every now and then he gets a decent feud and can go but not lately.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011

He's been going through the motions for awhile now, last memorable match was TLC vs AJ if I'm remembering correctly

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ambrose just isn't meant to be a big time star in this sort of era in WWE. He's not a great wrestler. For the complaints people have about Cena and being believable when selling, Ambrose IMO is one of the worst in the business at legitimizing moves. Then WWE has turned him into a corny goofball instead of a no-BS badass.

I don't blame the guy for just going through the motions. I don't think there's anything he can do to get away from the corny character WWE has created for him.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Weak or just not as strong as he was during the build? Did you really think he's squash Brock?

I loved how he jumped him during Paul's intro and he put him through the table.

Joe looked legit but the way Brock works right now...he doesn't work a very compelling style. It's too MMA for my taste.

I miss seeing Brock showing his agility for his size. Not saying he needs to try another shooting star press but mix it up a bit.

Weak. Lesnar made one serious move and Joe lost.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Joe was taking the fight to Brock, but got caught.

I thought the match was very well done. Made Joe look incredibly strong, while keeping Brock strong as well.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can't imagine Ambrose is a guy who is about money in any way. He probably wants to sink his teeth deep in a character or story. If he doesn't have that chance to do so, then he probably is mailing it in. He also wrestles so much that he's protecting his body until he can sink into something.

Just my 2 cents.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dean has been DOA ever since the match with Lesnar at Wrestlemania, and then the podcast with Austin. He was only champion because he was in the right place at the right time, and he was only ever made to look good by AJ. Only time he was interesting under his own auspices over the last year is when he was taking shots at Cena.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Dean was great when he feuded with both AJ/Cena. It was after that where all the problems started showing up. I actually thought he was at his best when he was playing tweener against Ziggler when SD first went live.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
from Papa Meltz

Neville vs. Tozawa 3.25
Wyatt vs. Rollins 2.75
Cass vs. Enzo 1
Sheamus/Cesaro vs. Hardys 3.25
Sasha vs. Bliss 2.75
Miz vs. Ambrose 2.5
Strowman vs. Reigns 3.75