GDT: WWE Backlash (6th May 2018)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yes. I want him to face good opponents. Not a guy with a saggy chest and no history of being a decent singles wrestler.

You got all this great talent...and you put him with ****ing Cass.

Not AJ, not Joe, not Orton, not Nakamura, not Jeff Hardy, Not Rusev.... ****ing big Cass.

People really need to stop acting like putting people with good opponents and trying to have the best match possible is a priority when it comes to main roster booking. It's not. It's the wrestlers' job to put on the match with the booking they're given that works to their strengths. But the storylines come first. Those guys already had plans. Danielson didn't. He's gotta wait. It's possible he'll do something with Joe since his plans changed. The alternative is that he wouldn't be on the show. There's plenty of people who they should've found something for for this PPV and have not and is something that will happen a lot going forward with dual-branded PPV's.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Best way for Big Cass to get heat is to beat Daniel Bryan.

I thought Cass’ mic work had actually been solid since he’s returned. He’s definitley been working on it. He’s better than he was, and hopefully he keep getting better.

And let’s not act like the guy is bad in the ring. Part of what made Enzo/Cass work is that Enzo can do the talking and Cass can do the walking.

This loss won’t hurt Bryan at all, but will be big for Cass.

At the end of the day, they can’t just throw Bryan into a feud with Styles, Nakamura, or even Joe.

He’ll be there, probably by SummerSlam, but this match with Cass and then probably into a program with The Miz will happen firsy

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It is just crazy how different the)th booking is.

Also a shame how badly they
Keep wasting the women. Think about how crazy over a lot of these women were in NXT.

Now we are stuck with Carmella and Jax .

Shit.. i didn't think out of all the talent right now the 2 champs are Jax/Carmella. :laugh: And Carmella/Jax have more title runs than Becky Lynch. YIKES.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

I thought Cass’ mic work had actually been solid since he’s returned. He’s definitley been working on it. He’s better than he was, and hopefully he keep getting better.

And let’s not act like the guy is bad in the ring. Part of what made Enzo/Cass work is that Enzo can do the talking and Cass can do the walking.

At the end of the day, they can’t just throw Bryan into a feud with Styles, Nakamura, or even Joe.

He’ll be there, probably by SummerSlam, but this match with Cass and then probably into a program with The Miz will happen firsy

Cor... I agree about Cass, but nobody buys it when it comes to DB. Nobody wants to see DB back after years and losing. I do think they should have done a slow build, very slow, and even maybe a tag team guy for a little bit. But DB is a guy everyone will love. Nobody wants to see him lose.

Now they COULD do the NXT thing. He's been out of wrestling for a while. Have him lose and lose a lot. Have him question if he still "has it" backstage. Almost identical to the NXT build of Garganos. And then when he finally rises up, we have yet another insane run of DB.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Cass did the walking because he was big and because he was partnered with someone who was somehow worse than he was in the ring. Cass is even worse than Corbin in the ring.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I was talking with a friend how this Nakamura vs Styles could be a complete mess but very entertaining non the less. Instead of attempting a five star match and not living up to the hype I'd prefer them just straight up finding new ways to trade nut shots on each other for ten minutes. :P

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
A nothing show tonight but I'm curious with the booking of AJ-Nakamura and Roman-Joe. Roman-Joe is the most intriguing match of the night. AJ should retain because why book a heel Joe against heel Nakamura?

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’m over the whole Bayley/Sasha thing. These two are beyond awful...

Both of these chicks have the worst promo work on the roster

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sasha and Bayley may further a feud that doesn't exist

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Man.. everyone complains about everything.

I wish I could just lick you all. #ITSLICKINGTIME

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Man.. everyone complains about everything.

I wish I could just lick you all. #ITSLICKINGTIME
They just need to make up already. The feud they should've had is already dead

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Is it just me or is riott really uncoordinated, especially when she has to run the ropes or do anything that needs her to do two things at once.

Bayley has become a solid C- player.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Liv Morgan has dropped the merch.

She's the one turning

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Pretty good match!

Ruby is awkward sometimes but her matches still turn out solid.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Going to watch hockey, I'll catch the Backlash replay and post my thoughts after.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ruby's finisher seems over.

The action and booking were good, but they weren't that smooth with each other.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Ruby's finisher seems over.

The action and booking were good, but they weren't that smooth with each other.
Ruby is like that with everyone. Including Sasha on RAW and Charlotte on PPV.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
According to a leaked match lineup list, Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe will close the show, not the No-DQ WWE Championship match

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad