WU-17 Champs Team Ontario

Joretus

Lastly, I honestly think for the most part, you have confused CDN fans giving props to team Ontario, as bashing the other teams. I think I've been in all the U17 threads, and other than a post or 2, which arent even that bad, I really dont see much to complain about.

Well I won't be complain anyway more. At least we can agree best team won and give credits for them. Enough about this topic now.

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Gorilla you Hot House your players like the Russians used to do. You play together constanly, non of your players opt to go to the Ontario Hockey League . Canadian players get together a week before the tournament have fun win and go home,you are the ones who are fanatics.
We had 5 teams in the tournament and three were in the finals.

gorrillaunit18

Gorilla you Hot House your players like the Russians used to do. You play together constanly, non of your players opt to go to the Ontario Hockey League . Canadian players get together a week before the tournament have fun win and go home,you are the ones who are fanatics.
We had 5 teams in the tournament and three were in the finals.

So are you saying that America cares more about hockey than Canada? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: thanks for the laugh

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
The American hockey brass cares just as much about hockey as does the Canadians,the only difference is the Americans have not got it right yet!

gorrillaunit18

The American hockey brass cares just as much about hockey as does the Canadians,the only difference is the Americans have not got it right yet!

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead OK...keep telling yourself that

gorrillaunit18

I've read your posts for a while, and as an American I have to ask;

Are you Pejorative Slured? Seriously.

I just read your post right now, and as a fellow American myself I have to ask;

Are you an idiot? Seriously.

The Scouting Report

Oct 2, 2007
Ontario
www.thescoutingreport.org
I just read your post right now, and as a fellow American myself I have to ask;

Are you an idiot? Seriously.

No actually. You continue to post about how the US doesn't care about hockey, so why the heck are you posting on this forum. The US isn't the be all and end all of hockey, there is no way to argue it otherwise.

And at the end of the day, sure the US is better then Canada at the other 3 major sports and include Soccer in there too, but guess what? This is a hockey forum, and I really don't think the people here care at all about discussing whether the US is better at baseball then Canada on a hockey forum.

Please stop arguing this useless point as it just makes the US look pathetic. Sure there are a lot of cocky Canadian posters on here, but at the end of the day Canada is on top of the hockey world right now and on a hockey forum they can be cocky and back it up with results.

You can't, so don't bother.

gorrillaunit18

No actually. You continue to post about how the US doesn't care about hockey, so why the heck are you posting on this forum. The US isn't the be all and end all of hockey, there is no way to argue it otherwise.

And at the end of the day, sure the US is better then Canada at the other 3 major sports and include Soccer in there too, but guess what? This is a hockey forum, and I really don't think the people here care at all about discussing whether the US is better at baseball then Canada on a hockey forum.

Please stop arguing this useless point as it just makes the US look pathetic. Sure there are a lot of cocky Canadian posters on here, but at the end of the day Canada is on top of the hockey world right now and on a hockey forum they can be cocky and back it up with results.

NEVER! Vote for Romney bro!

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

In junior hockey Canada is.

However, to claim you're on top of the hockey world despite having an "A" team that can finish no higher than 7th place.....well yes, that IS being cocky without the results to back it up.:teach:

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
In junior hockey Canada is.

However, to claim you're on top of the hockey world despite having an "A" team that can finish no higher than 7th place.....well yes, that IS being cocky without the results to back it up.:teach:

Okay, fine. I'll bite. If Canada isn't the top hockey nation then just who the hell is? I have a hard time seeing a strong case against Canada at the moment:

-5 of the top 10 scorers in the NHL are Canadian
-4 consecutive WJHC titles
-gold at 3 of the last 5 men's world championships
-9 women's titles out of 10
-World Cup title in 2004.

We mess up at one Olympics (Turin) and suddenly some people from the peanut gallery start to say Canada is no longer the primary hockey power, well I just don't see it.

Canada doesn't win all the time, but nobody else wins as consistently in this sport at the elite level. And most importantly, nobody loves it like we do. There's probably a relationship between those last 2 point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad