NHL Entry Draft: WTK April Mock

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
1.Buffalo Sabres: Connor McDavid, Center.

2.Arizona Coyotes: Jack Eichel, Center.

3.Edmonton Oilers: Noah Hanifin, Defense.

4.Toronto Maple Leafs: Dylan Strome, Center.

5.Carolina Hurricanes: Mitchell Marner, Center.

6.New Jersey Devils: Mathew Barzal, Center.

7.Philadelphia Flyers: Lawson Crouse, Left Wing.

8. Columbus Blue Jackets: Zachary Werenski, Defense.

9. San Jose Sharks: Mikko Rantanen, Right Wing.

10. Colorado Avalanche: Ivan Provorov, Defense.

11. Florida Panthers: Timo Meier, Right Wing.

12. Dallas Stars: Pavel Zacha, Center.

13. Los Angeles: Kyle Connor, Center.

14. Boston Bruins: Jakub Zboril, Defense.

15. Calgary Flames: Thomas Chabot, Defense.

16. Edmonton Oilers: Nick Merkley, Center.

17. Winnipeg Jets: Paul Bittner, Left Wing.

18. Ottawa Senators: Jeremy Roy, Defense.

19. Detroit Red Wings: Oliver Kylington, Defense.

20. Minnesota Wild: Evgeny Svechnikov, Right Wing.

21. Buffalo Sabres: Travis Konecny, Center.

22. Washington Capitals: Brandon Carlo, Defense.

23. Vancouver Canucks: Jansen Harkins, Center.

24. Arizona Coyotes: Noah Juulsen, Defense.

25. Toronto Maple Leafs: Colin White, Right Wing.

26. Philadelphia Flyers: Jeremy Bracco, Right Wing.

27. Winnipeg Jets: Joel Ek Eriksson, Center.

28. Anaheim Ducks: Daniel Sprong, Right Wing.

29. Montreal Canadiens: Brock Boeser, Right Wing.

30. Tampa Bay Lightning: Jake DeBrusk, Left Wing.

Last edited:

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Winnipeg owns the Sabres second 1st round pick which would be pick 27 according to your draft.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Sharks wouldn't take Rantanen over Provorov. Provorov is exactly what we need, and he's the type of player that the Sharks love.

In general through, very good mock.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
San Jose would be happy with the pick but I would rather Provorov over Rantanen if given the choice but you really couldn't go wrong with either. This is based more on organizational needs.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Very reasonable pick for the Canucks. I'm not the biggest fan of Harkins personally, but a very plausible selection.

Very plausible mock overall. Pretty much all of the picks make some sense to me. Could very much see the top-10ish playing out like that.

I do think that's probably too high for Bracco, and he doesn't really strike me as a "Flyer pick", but who knows...he's got the skill, a team could fall in love with that early.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Please no Bittner.

A Jets fans vehemently opposed to Bittner? That's surprising to me.

He's clearly a guy who works well with Petan...there's gotta be some value in that for the team holding the lil' guy's rights, no?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I like Juulsen, wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being taken in the 1st. That being said, I'd definitely take Sprong, Boeser, or White before him with Chicago's pick.

MPStoEberletoHall*

Don't like the Merkley pick for Edmonton. I'd rather the go after Harkins or White

Dod93Cityt

Do You Believe In Ghosts?
Aug 29, 2012
Canada
I'll be mad if the flyers took Crouse, even though I have a feeling they will.... I'd rather them take any of Barzal/Provorov/Werenski.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I'll be mad if the flyers took Crouse, even though I have a feeling they will.... I'd rather them take any of Barzal/Provorov/Werenski.

Flyers are so unpredictable when it comes to their 1st rounders. Couple things for sure, they do like size and don't focus on jr stats, plus they have a need at LW and are known to make bold picks...ie Morin at 11 in 2013.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I like Juulsen, wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being taken in the 1st. That being said, I'd definitely take Sprong, Boeser, or White before him with Chicago's pick.

I wouldn't be surprised if Montreal took him, depending on where we finish and who's left on the board.

-------------

Boeser seems to be a Jet's type of pick (late 20's). From Minnesota and going to be playing for UND. I could see them going for him, more or less in their back yard.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
A Jets fans vehemently opposed to Bittner? That's surprising to me.

He's clearly a guy who works well with Petan...there's gotta be some value in that for the team holding the lil' guy's rights, no?

Several Portland-watching Jets fans are of the opinion that he's living off Petan and Bjorkstrand, and therefore overrated in scouting lists.

In your mock draft, I like one of Carlo(!), Kylington, or Konecny instead.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Several Portland-watching Jets fans are of the opinion that he's living off Petan and Bjorkstrand, and therefore overrated in scouting lists.

In your mock draft, I like one of Carlo(!), Kylington, or Konecny instead.

I kind of agree. I don't love Bittner and i think there's a strong argument to be made that he is living a bit off of a pair of super skilled linemates in Portland. But the flip side, if i were a Jets fan...i'd be interested in seeing if Bittner can ride Petan's coattails all the way to the NHL. Makes Winnipeg an awfully intriguing landing spot for him imo. And he is still a big body with some speed and skill, always coveted even as complementary middle-6 type players (which i think Bittner is).

It's not my mock though. :D I did actually have Bittner to the Jets in the last mock i did post here though. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad