Speculation: WSH trade catalog

What WSH player or prospect may interest your team in a trade?

• Total voters

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I'm far from an Oilers fan, but it took your 1st and 4th overall picks over a decade to "win something other than a scoring title", so maybe the high horse isn't the right place to be.
It took a Generational-of-Generational player for the Oilers to win anything ever and they’ve certainly done their best since to be worthy of anything other than being a team that would be relegated in soccer.

It’s very befitting of Canada’s Chosen One that he’s the best thing that ever happened to that Sad Sack of a Franchise that never deserved him in the first place and appears poised to ruin the “best” thing to happen to Canada since The Great One.

That’s not the high horse, it’s the view-from-on-high of uncomfortable truths.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Wonder if those trucks will help Draisaitl win something some day?

As of right now the only thing they’re good for carrying is the Oiler fans salt that the Caps aren’t trading Tom Wilson (himself a former 16th overall pick who has dramatically outplayed his draft position) for a nearly identical pick 8 years into his career so we can pray there’s a similar player available in that position today. (Oilers 1st)

Oh we can also have our choice of a 3RD RD prayer Russian DMan (Samorukov) or a 2016 2ND RD LW (where does he slot in a Wsh) who hasn’t cracked an NHL lineup on one of the worst teams in the League 4 years removed from his draft year (Benson).

Maybe McDavid and Draisaitl will, in fact, win something other than a Scoring Title someday I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
I’m a Habs fan lol

Just don’t think Draisaitl is going anywhere because he’s an absolute stud.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Tom Wilson. I know we don’t exactly need more grit but on a line with RNH and McDavid he’d be ideal.

What would be the ask for Edmonton? Our 1st would be on board and we have prospects like Samorukov and Benson

I voted Wilson for the same reason. Doubt WSH wants prospects, but I'd absolutely start with Klefbom or Nurse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad