Post-Game Talk: WSH @ PIT | 2/17/15 | 7PM EST | Caps Win 3-1 (MOD WARNING: POST 657)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Koken's main problem imo is he changes his vocal inflections and style a bit too much when he's doing play by play. It sounds forced. I would like to hear him relax a bit more and just use his normal voice, and add natural excitement levels during exciting plays.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Smokin Al is great on the sidelines, but not so much as a play by play guy, IMO.

Get well soon Joe B.

Agree that Al is better on the sideline or in the studio, but he has to be an upgrade from Nick Nixon [sp], the Kings play-by-bplay guy who stepped in for Joe B against Anaheim. He did an OK job, but 90 is Yo-Hon-sen, not Joe-Han-sen. You'd think Craig or someone would have corrected him.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
The guy that filled-in for the Ducks game was so deadpan....he changed during the game (somebody must have said something).

became more animated.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
How terrible of a name is Nick Nickson btw? I used to know a dude named Edward Ward, and my fiancee knew a dude named William Williams, both also terrible names.

Also not a fan of dudes with two first names like James Neal or Tim Thomas. Two last names is worse though.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
law firm last names have to be the worst - 3 names - Oliver Ekman-Larson.....Ryan Nyget-hopkins

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
How terrible of a name is Nick Nickson btw? I used to know a dude named Edward Ward, and my fiancee knew a dude named William Williams, both also terrible names.

Also not a fan of dudes with two first names like James Neal or Tim Thomas. Two last names is worse though.

See also: Fedor Fedorov.

All his talent was transferred to his older brother after his parents named him.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Played hockey with a dude named Harold Wang for two seasons when I was 11 and 12. Poor *******.

Apr 6, 2004

Used to play hockey with a kid named Jacob Whacker, dad's name was Richard. That is all.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Koken in for Joe B? Do we not like Koken? He is okay.

Play by play is not Al Koken's strength. Remember last year when he did a game, he was butchering names or misidentifying players. And there's always this one from the vault "Semin lost his dick"

Vladiator16*

See also: Fedor Fedorov.

All his talent was transferred to his older brother after his parents named him.

How about Nikita Nikitin?

So, apparently per Chuck Gormley, Crosby doesn't think OV is a diver... :laugh:
What is this world coming to... First Ovechkin defends Crosbys lack of production post mumps, now Crosby returns the favor... WTF is going on here?! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Used to play hockey with a kid named Jacob Whacker, dad's name was Richard. That is all.
That's priceless :laugh:

Looking forward to the game tonight, I hope Burt plays with confidence like he did to start the year - Trotz should give him a bit of a longer leash imo.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
2v0la2v.jpg

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
This should be the lineup going forward IMO. Chimmer has lost a step.

Somewhat realted, noticed Laich only has 12 points in 42 games this year. I've always been a Laich fan but yikes that is some poor production for a guy getting a healthy share of ice time.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
This should be the lineup going forward IMO. Chimmer has lost a step.

Somewhat realted, noticed Laich only has 12 points in 42 games this year. I've always been a Laich fan but yikes that is some poor production for a guy getting a healthy share of ice time.

Hey! You can't bad mouth one of our Leaders of Men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad