Trade: [WSH/IND] Carson Wentz and 2022 2nd for 2022 2nd, 2022 3rd, 2023 3rd

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For WFT, Wentz doesn't have any more guaranteed money after next season. It's last call for him.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Wentz played decently enough for the Colts, but they also have a top tier O line and an insane running back, but lacked weapons to throw to. Not sure the weapons are much better on the Commanders outside of McLaurin.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For Rivera, it's probably last chance for him too. Yeah 3 in Washington is already borrowed time.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Indy fans were long since burnt out by Wentz, and the last game forced the team’s hands on needing to move on. Getting two thirds in return for a guy that had become persona non grata, rightly or wrongly, isn’t bad management even if it highlights how big of a whiff acquiring him was in the first place.

Now to see who they land. This could easily backfire on them.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If I was Indy I would have tried to get Henickie out of that.

He's a solid low end starter. Put him with a horse like Taylor and I think they'd be very happy.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Hmph, somehow (no bonus money?) Washington has to/got to take the entire contract. So, now the Colts have over $70 million in cap space to go into free agency with, as mentioned above.

He returned, likely, a 2nd and a 3rd. Plus, moving up from 47 to 42 it appears.

So, if I recall correctly. This year's seconds cancel. The thirds cancel. So, the Colts traded down from 16th to a 2nd round pick (~25, ~30 spots) to take a shot at a former MVP caliber QB for a season with the hopes of resuscitating him? Seems pretty reasonable given the other QB deals that are going around...didn't work out, but Wentz wasn't really the issue last year. When he failed, it was hilariously bad. But overall, he was a net positive for the team. Someone had to fall on the sword for the loss to Jacksonville and scoring 3 relevant-time points in the process...Wentz is the best mix of easiest to take the blame and to recoup an asset on. The Colts kept the receipt, they only got store credit, sure...but it's a store they shop at regularly now, so whatever...

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Have to imagine Reich and Ballard are on the hot seat now.

Wentz was their guy and he failed miserably. What now? Go get a retread like Jimmy G or Teddy Two YPA?

Part of me also wants to believe this is straight up karma for the Colts metaphorically and literally breaking Andrew Luck.

Sep 19, 2008
7tl6rbuxvem81.jpg

Reactions: donghabs98

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

This tweet illustrates how hard it is to find a QB.
Luck/ Brissett/ Rivers/ Wentz and now someone else.

Wentz hasn’t been the same since his knee surgery. Hearing stuff about how he was selfish in not being happy that Foles and the team was winning without him. One of the other injured eagles had to set him straight in a verbal confrontation.

Looking back Foles under Pederson just worked. Imagine the haul the eagles would have gotten for Wentz had they moved him while he was still on his rookie deal? But they looked at it from the POV that Wentz had 10-12 more years left in him. How can they move off a guy who was a legit MVP up until he got hurt.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad