Trade: [WSH/GSW] Chris Paul to Warriors for Jordan Poole, protected 1st in 2030 and 2nd in 2027

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Everyone knew Poole was gone this summer. I feel like he still has potential; he just had a bad playoffs this year, imo. I think it was entirely a mental thing where he questioned his place on the team due to the incident with Draymond, and it caused him to struggle. He was an integral part of the championship run last year. He was starting playoff games in place of Steph and he was doing so well. He was on track to be the future of the franchise and Steph’s successor. I wish that could’ve continued, but Draymond knocking him out f***ed everything up. The team hasn’t been the same since.

Presumably, they are choosing Draymond and preparing to re-sign him. I know Dunleavy pretty much has to do that because of the calibre of player Draymond is and how crucial his role on the team is, but man, these trades that have a personal or financial angle to them just suck. This one has both.

Would be really shitty if Draymond just bails now. I know people are going to say that’s unlikely, but think about how much of an asshole Draymond is lol, it’s a possibility imo.

Being a Habs fan as well as a Warriors fan, this situation reminds me of a couple things.

The first is how Dunleavy said a few days ago that they want to keep Poole around for years, and then trades him a few days later. Bergevin did the same thing with Subban. Except Subban got traded for Weber, a franchise player. Chris Paul is a washed up, selfish, whiny, entitled shithead. Can’t stand the dude and I’m pissed he’s on my team now.

The second is that this reminds me of the Patrick Roy situation. Obviously Poole is nowhere near the calibre of player that Roy was within his sport and with the Habs it was a player/coach situation, but there are similarities here for sure. Draymond was the one who was wrong, period. But it really seems like the team, and especially Kerr, sided with Draymond which caused a rift between Poole and the team that could never be closed. The whole situation leaves a sour taste - doesn’t feel right. The Habs chose the wrong guy (Tremblay over Roy); it makes you wonder if the Warriors are as well.

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

I wouldn't believe that either
What color is the sky in your world? Why post here if you don't follow the NBA? Everyone except you accepts reality.

Last edited:

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

What color is the sky in your world? Why post here if you don't follow the NBA? Everyone except you accepts reality.

I

Uh

What in the holy hell? I have to believe you quoted the wrong person

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad