Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] F Andrew Cristall signs ELC with the Capitals (3 years, $810k AAV)

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Still can't believe he fell to 40th overall. Yeah, he's on the small side, and doesn't play with a tonne of pace, that can be risky for projections, but he also has massive skill and hockey IQ, and was undoubtably one of the best players in the Dub last year. Lots of GMs overthought this one IMO.

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
Leonard, Cristall and Allen are all gonna be steals. Allen was being touted as a top 15 pick before the season and fell to the 5th round. Crazy.
Agree on Leonard and Cristall. I think Allen is a bit of a wild card. Hopefully, with good coaching and development his hockey decision making will improve.

Reactions: ponder

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Agree on Leonard and Cristall. I think Allen is a bit of a wild card. Hopefully, with good coaching and development his hockey decision making will improve.
Also, re: Leonard, I think he's a very strong pick for 8th overall in an average draft, but for him to be a STEAL he has to be much better than a number of guys picked ahead of him. I think all the forwards picked ahead of him did deserve to go ahead - Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli, Smith and Michkov. Less sure about the dmen though (Reinbacher and Simashev). The Habs and Yotes have made plenty of terrible picks high in the draft in recent history, and may have done so again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kolzilla

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Leonard, Cristall and Allen are all gonna be steals. Allen was being touted as a top 15 pick before the season and fell to the 5th round. Crazy.
Falling would indicate nothing happened between the preseason and the draft. He earned himself a fifth round selection.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
For those who like/are interested in this type of detail.. the Games Played bonus for this upcoming season is interesting, I wonder what the threshold is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad