Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Devante Smith-Pelly (1 Year, $650K)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I thought he was much better than that. Guess I've not been following much. His statline definitely doesn't look great.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
He looks like an octopus when he is skating. Hands and feet Are just all over the place

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't mind this. As cheap as you can get and a two-way contract. Should add some competition.

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Solid move for Washington they will have to keep filling out their roster with moves like this to save room in the cap. Hopefully he can contribute in their bottom six.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Serves as competition for depth spots in WSH, but ultimately will serve as a body in Hershey to replace all the talent they'll lose to graduation.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If he can cut some weight and get faster, he'd be a solid depth option.

I'd imagine he has a nice start to his career with the Capitals and then falls off a cliff soon after, similar to what happened with his torrid start with the Devils.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
The Washington Capitals have signed forward John Albert to a one-year, two-way contract.

Another AHLer 650k/220k 1 year 2 way

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Yeah, but he could have protected Schmidt in the expansion draft and just lost Johansson there instead of losing Schmidt and then trading Johansson anyway for only picks (not even including a 1st).

This is the thought process that I don't get. If the Caps opted to go the 4-4-1 approach (Ovechkin, Backstrom, Burakovsky, Kuznetsov, Niskanen, Carlson, Orlov, Schmidt and Holtby) what's the guarantee that McPhee would have picked Johansson. He could have just as easily picked Tom Wilson who currently earns 2 million dollars and such a move by McPhee would not have eased the cap problem for the Capitals. Schmidt being a RFA will probably get a contract in the neighborhood of 3 and that would have still forced the Capitals to have do something in order to address the cap issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad