Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Capitals sign Dylan McIlrath (2 years, $750k AAV, two-way)

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Boy the hype train really set the bar too high for that kid. I remember his first fight was against Brian McGrattan and he did pretty well, but he's not even really that impressive a fighter really.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Lol, I still remember sitting up at like 3-4 am watching the draft. I was hoping for Tarasenko or Fowler, we picked McIlrath at 10th overall.

Our headscout compared his game to a young Shea Weber :laugh::help:
Atleast you didn’t draft Griffin Reinhart. Well that guy tuned into Barzal so Atleast he was good for something.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Has he learned how to skate yet?

Someone send him the Kevin Lowe video

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
He's had a better career than Hugh Jessiman. That's about all I can say good about him.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Boy the hype train really set the bar too high for that kid. I remember his first fight was against Brian McGrattan and he did pretty well, but he's not even really that impressive a fighter really.
He'd easily be top 10 on todays nhl. Pretty solid fighter still

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Had such high hopes for him when drafted. It didn’t help that his knee exploded the first year, but his skating was never up to par, and he never ever developed any kind of offense/ passing to his game

AllAlphas

Apr 29, 2013
Odds that both he and Wilson are on the ice for the season opening faceoff at the Capital One arena against the Rangers?
Odds that he then spends the rest of the season down in Hershey?
"October 13th boys and girls...it's gonna be WAR!!!"

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Lol, I still remember sitting up at like 3-4 am watching the draft. I was hoping for Tarasenko or Fowler, we picked McIlrath at 10th overall.

Our headscout compared his game to a young Shea Weber :laugh::help:
When he was drafted the only Shea Weber was a young Shea Weber.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
He’s probably about 6th or 7th on the depth chart for the left side of Washington’s defense alone. This is a signing for Hershey, and the fact that it was buried in the tweet with all the other Hershey signings shows that.

Hunter Shepard is the most interesting name in the list in terms of NHL potential as a late bloomer. He had a very nice first pro season last year. He could work his way up Hershey’s depth chart. Granted, he’s already 25, so not exactly sky high expectations.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lol. So deal with the Tom Wilson problem and you still have a McIlrath problem?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad