Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Alex Ovechkin re-signs with the Capitals (5 years, $9.5M AAV)

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
You can cherry pick like that if the player in question is of Ovechkin's level. I'm not a Caps fan. I don't have a dog in any fight about the dude, but he is an all time great. 9 times he's led the league in goals and he had a run of 7 in 8 years, including a big chunk of that in his 30's.

I haven't caught this entire back and forth, but you should do yourself a favor and tone down the attitude.

You can take my attitude and perceive it any way you would like there internet Interpol.

And just like the posters post I quoted, these dudes are winning championships in their 40’s Ovechkin is only 36. To compare Tom Brady to Ovechkin is an absolute disgrace to Brady and what he has accomplished.

Stop trying to say just because he is an all time great that he won’t continue to slow down. The math/science and everything else points to it happening. It’s a severely uneducated argument to say, “he has won Rockets and is an all time great so he will continue to play amazing”.

Just knock it off.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
You can take my attitude and perceive it any way you would like there internet Interpol.

And just like the posters post I quoted, these dudes are winning championships in their 40’s Ovechkin is only 36. To compare Tom Brady to Ovechkin is an absolute disgrace to Brady and what he has accomplished.

Stop trying to say just because he is an all time great that he won’t continue to slow down. The math/science and everything else points to it happening. It’s a severely uneducated argument to say, “he has won Rockets and is an all time great so he will continue to play amazing”.

Just knock it off.

"An absolute disgrace". Alright fella.

Better to not compare across sports I guess as there is no comparison appropriate for Brady. I think the point that was being made was that it is possible to play well late in careers now more than ever and Brady was used as an example.

How much do you think he is going to slow down? I'm curious.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
True,

There is so many teams unfamiliar with Ovechkin and the top players on the Capitals.
Ummm, every NHL team (excepting maybe Buffalo) has a person or team of people who sole job it is to “know” every pro player, every team roster, associated details, and opportunities that could emerge. Lol, I think teams are familiar with Ovechkin and what the Caps have from top to bottom.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Ummm, every NHL team (excepting maybe Buffalo) has a person or team of people who sole job it is to “know” every pro player, every team roster, associated details, and opportunities that could emerge. Lol, I think teams are familiar with Ovechkin and what the Caps have from top to bottom.
My post was sarcasm… that teams wouldn’t be aware of what the best goal scorer in the league is about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad