Advice: Wsahing knee pads

leftwinger37

Jun 7, 2011
"Great Lakes State"
Can Knee pads be washed in the washing machine even if the padding is none removable

They can be, but it is probably not the best thing for your pads or your washing machine. In general, you want to minimize over exposure to moisture as much as possible. If they are in dire need of cleaning, try soaking them in a laundry tub instead if you must. Just be sure to let them dry out thoroughly before storing or using.

kev85

Mar 27, 2015
They can be, but it is probably not the best thing for your pads or your washing machine. In general, you want to minimize over exposure to moisture as much as possible. If they are in dire need of cleaning, try soaking them in a laundry tub instead if you must. Just be sure to let them dry out thoroughly before storing or using.
Is was thinking adding a towel in with them

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
you can actually put most things in the washer to clean them, though i dislike putting in my gloves because i have heard from people that it loosens the stitching and makes it weaker and more prone to dismantling itself.

if i were you, i would just gather all your gear, fill up a bathwab with lukewarm water and oxyclean/washing detergant and soak it for 30 mins or an hour or so, then let them air dry for 2-3 days. i have always done that way as i think it makes the gear last longer than putting it in the washer.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
you can actually put most things in the washer to clean them, though i dislike putting in my gloves because i have heard from people that it loosens the stitching and makes it weaker and more prone to dismantling itself.

if i were you, i would just gather all your gear, fill up a bathwab with lukewarm water and oxyclean/washing detergant and soak it for 30 mins or an hour or so, then let them air dry for 2-3 days. i have always done that way as i think it makes the gear last longer than putting it in the washer.

+1

You'd be surprised at how brown/gray that water can be :laugh:

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
How long do you guys usually go between washes of your gear? I've literally never done it, but my stuff still smells fine (I've heard this is one of the bigger complaints about hockey gear sitting around).

Tacks92

Jun 16, 2014
I probably wash all of my stuff every 3-4 months. Wash my base layer stuff after each skate, and jocks and skate socks once a week or so. Bathtub method all the way.

sanityplease

Jun 21, 2011
Wash tub, water & cold water laundry detergent. Agitate with your hands or a stick (let soak if you want). Rinse with clean water in the wash tub.

Works remarkably well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad