Post-Game Talk: Written in the Stars, a million miles away: Leafs win 4-0. Bernier played okay.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I'm 34 and I rarely watched Seinfeld but I knew about that Festivus thing. It's still a reference from other things but Seinfeld promoted it to pop culture again.

Festivus was invented for Seinfeld and it has become a pop culture thing. Any other thing you know it from is playing off of Seinfeld.

Donald McRonald

Interested observer
Sep 13, 2009
United Nations
The Leafs-Red Wings April 23,1993 game 3 is showing on Leafs tv now late first period. Leafs up two nil.
Andreychuck 2 goals. Felix Potvin looking good.

Last edited:

Tyler Biggs*

Brilliant goaltending by Bernier to earn the shutout and lead the Leafs ending their 3 games losing streak....Go Leafs Go!

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I started doing this last year and it's a great way to get the most out of your time. If the game is going well, skim through the commercials and watch the game, if the Leafs suck, fast-forward to goals. If intermission looks interesting, watch it, otherwise blast forward through the 15 minutes. Awesome way to watch a game tbh. Only spoiler, if a friend calls and tells you how theyre doing or worse, reveal the score.

That sounds like the absolute worst way to watch a game. Sports should never be w
PVR'd

Why?

It's the only way I ever watch, don't like commercials or intermissions.

A DVR is useful. You can watch a recorded game when you actually have the time to watch. Plus, you can blow by the commercials.

Tyler Biggs*

So Dallas wasn`t supposed take shots at the Leafs net? This is hockey folks, teams take shots and the team that score the most goals win, plain and simple!

What part of winning 4-0 is lucky? Seguin hit tree goal posts, sure, but a missed shot is a missed shot. Getting an outstanding performance from a goaltender does not constitute luck. And against a team that defends and turns the puck over the way DAL does, these results are DEFINITELY repeatable. No wonder the Leafs swept this team this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"Seguin must love playing is"

He never does **** against us, so probably not,.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
"Seguin must love playing is"

He never does **** against us, so probably not,.

His 1st 2 years in the league all he did was score/put up points against us so I guess that's where that comes from. Glad those days are gone though...the "Thank you Kessel" chants from Bruins fans were excruciating.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
His 1st 2 years in the league all he did was score/put up points against us so I guess that's where that comes from. Glad those days are gone though...the "Thank you Kessel" chants from Bruins fans were excruciating.

I may be incorrect, but I am pretty sure I saw that he has just 3 assists against us

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I may be incorrect, but I am pretty sure I saw that he has just 3 assists against us

He had 9 goals, 6 assists in 16 games against us with the Bruins.

Has 0 goals, 2 assists in 4 games against us with the Stars.

edit: You really don't remember him constantly lighting the lamp against us and the Thank you Kessel chants? You must have repressed those memories :P

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

edit: You really don't remember him constantly lighting the lamp against us and the Thank you Kessel chants? You must have repressed those memories :P

Lets not forget the 0 goals, 0 assists in 7 playoff games vs the Leafs, which ultimately contributed to him getting traded. :nod:

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
After the Leafs got past their 0-6 season against them.

As they cooled off against us, so did he.
I believe 6 of those 9g, came in 2 games.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

:laugh: I guess I did.

I dunno. I guess it was a different player.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

In the past 11 GP vs Toronto he has 3 A and something like a -6. To be fair, much of that is in playoffs and he has a fair history of not showing up when it matters.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
In the past 11 GP vs Toronto he has 3 A and something like a -6. To be fair, much of that is in playoffs and he has a fair history of not showing up when it matters.

Okay. This is what I heard then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad