Write the Ending

Four games left and we have to win three....how does it all end?

• Total voters

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
In a surprise move, Judge Houston's ghost appears beside Bettman at an emergency press conference Monday morning, and cites due to the NJ fans who have jumped on the Blues' bandwagon for the SCF, he immediately orders Tarasenko, Parayko, Thomas, and Binnington to report to New Jersey for assignment before Game 4.

unlike + 5 first round draft picks ...:eek2:

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Deko

Jul 14, 2011
Helsinki
Even if the Blues get their shit together and play their hearts out in all the remaining games, they might very well end up losing two of those because the Bruins are also an excellent team. Rask is also more than capable of stealing a game, even if the Blues manage to outplay the team in front of him.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Win tonight and the series is reset to a best of 3. The Blues would have road-ice advantage (8-3) heading into games 5-7, where the Blues have been absolutely dominant in these playoffs.

Comeback win @ WPG game 5
Dominant win vs. WPG game 6
Dominant win @ DAL game 6
Dominant win vs. DAL game 7 (Bishop was the only reason it went to OT)
Dominant win @ SJS game 5
Dominant win vs. SJS game 6

Those are quite literally our 6 best games this post-season, and they're all in games 5-7. We have outscored our opponents 23-9 in games 5-7.

I'd say losing like we did in game 3 is disconcerting, but you could have said the same about the Bruins in game 2. They got absolutely manhandled in overtime. That didn't carry over to the next game. I expected this to be a seesaw series with lots of adjustments from both teams, and I think we're seeing that.

I said Blues in 7 before the series began and I'm sticking to it.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think the ass whooping we took last night is worse than losing just one game. It showed that we've lost focus and discipline in the most important game of the year. In front of faithful fans paying top dollar. They KNEW they needed to play clean and effective ...but they didn't. Those last seconds of the 1st showed the Blues to be fragile and lost.

The team is now just reacting badly and not dictating events. This is not SCF champion behavior. The end is near. It was a great ride. Maybe next year. Maybe before I die.

I don't see how Binny failing to make a routine save says anything about the team as a whole. That was a low danger wrist shot on the ice where a goalie's leg should be sealed 100% of the time. That is possibly the worst goal he has allowed in his NHL career and it unfortunately came at just about the worst possible moment.

It sucks, but bad goals happen. However, to me that says nothing about the team overall.

Our PK was awful, we had 1 atrocious breakdown 5 on 5, our generally steady goalie allowed a backbreaking goal and wasn't able to make any of the saves beyond what you expect him to make. That adds up to a 7-2 loss, but I certainly didn't see a fragile team and if you saw that I don't believe that it was on a soft goal that Binny stops 99% of the time.

For the record, I'm not concerned about Binny. He has proven time and time again that he can put bad games/goals behind him and bounce back. That goal was 100% on him, but it happens. He'll be fine.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think the winner tonight wins the series. I love our chances to take 2 of 3 with 2 of the games coming on the road and I love how we've adjusted and played our best hockey in games 5-7. I fully expect us to be the better team in games 5-7. That gets us 2 out of 3 wins, but it probably doesn't get 3 out of 3 against a team as good as Boston. If we're 2-2, I love our chances. If we're down 3-1, I hate our chances.

I don't gamble on the Blues during the playoffs. But if I were betting on this series, I would put my money on whoever wins tonight, even if the odds were horrible.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Patrick Maroon scores a triple OT thriller in Game 7. We throw him a big contract. He's the new Lucic for years to come. Our window is immediately closed. It's over. The end.
Sounds great.

Especially because an overpay for Maroon would not be nearly as crippling or buyout proof as Lucic's. But even if it is just as bad, I will take 1 Cup with an immediately closed window over losing this year but still having a nice big window.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
i picked blues in 6 but its hard to see the bruins losing 3 in a row. only lost 2 in a row once and that was to columbus i believe.

Reactions: Sushiko

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
In a surprise move, Judge Houston's ghost appears beside Bettman at an emergency press conference Monday morning, and cites due to the NJ fans who have jumped on the Blues' bandwagon for the SCF, he immediately orders Tarasenko, Parayko, Thomas, and Binnington to report to New Jersey for assignment before Game 4.
LOL. Does the ghost of Ron Caron make an appearance and offer a rebuttal?

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Patrick Maroon scores a triple OT thriller in Game 7. We throw him a big contract. He's the new Lucic for years to come. Our window is immediately closed. It's over. The end.
I would graciously accept five years in the financial doldrums for this to happen.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
i picked blues in 6 but its hard to see the bruins losing 3 in a row. only lost 2 in a row once and that was to columbus i believe.
They did it 4 times in the regular season. They can do it once in the playoffs.

I said last night whoever wins Game 5 is clinching in St. Louis on Sunday night. I still stand by that. I think the Blues have to win Thursday night if they're going to win this; the Bruins could conceivably win G5 and then lose G6 and still be OK, but I can't see us losing G5 and then taking 2 straight. Of course, we've all been wrong at some point this season about what we thought this team was going to do [I think everyone has been wrong multiple times about some combination of things], so ... who the hell knows.

My gut says Boston is vulnerable and if we play our game and don't f*** around like we did Saturday night, we can do this; go for the stranglehold now, don't give them hope or reason to think they're the better team, choke them the f*** out.

Reactions: CaptainCrunch28

Rarename91

Jan 18, 2019
They did it 4 times in the regular season. They can do it once in the playoffs.

I said last night whoever wins Game 5 is clinching in St. Louis on Sunday night. I still stand by that. I think the Blues have to win Thursday night if they're going to win this; the Bruins could conceivably win G5 and then lose G6 and still be OK, but I can't see us losing G5 and then taking 2 straight. Of course, we've all been wrong at some point this season about what we thought this team was going to do [I think everyone has been wrong multiple times about some combination of things], so ... who the hell knows.

My gut says Boston is vulnerable and if we play our game and don't **** around like we did Saturday night, we can do this; go for the stranglehold now, don't give them hope or reason to think they're the better team, choke them the **** out.
The canucks lost 2 straight in 2011

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
The canucks lost 2 straight in 2011
True, and they lost Game 7 on home ice which hadn't happened in the Finals since 1971. I still don't want us to have to work from the spot Boston was in back in 2011; take care of business on your own terms, don't see how far you can put your back against the wall before salvaging things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad