9. TDWF North American Title Match: Ricky Steamboat vs. Great Muta
10. TDWF World Title Match: Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior

vs

Cor's card

Co-Main Event
Kazuchika Okada vs Andrade "Cien" Almas

Co-Main Event
Kurt Angle vs Zack Sabre Jr

Mustache Mountain (Tyler Bate & Trent Seven) vs The Revival (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder

Katsuyori Shibata vs Kenta Kobashi

Buddy Murphy vs Jay White

Ladder Match
Jeff Hardy vs Jason Jordan vs Luchasaurus vs Joe Coffey vs Matt Sydal vs Darby Allin vs Jordan Devlin

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I voted for myself (duh) but that's a good card @tony d

Our cards are like a battle of past vs present.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
tony d obviously went for personal favorites and I respect that but I think the lack of fresh matchups hurts his card so I went with Cor.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
You can't exactly attack one for having too much or not enough history over the other LMAO
tony d obviously went for personal favorites and I respect that but I think the lack of fresh matchups hurts his card so I went with Cor.
LOL It's an all time draft, if one were to hurt more than the other...I mean....your preference and I guess I shouldn't try to change your mind LOL

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I prefer tony d's wrestlers here, but I've seen Sting vs Luger, Muta vs Steamboat, Hogan vs Warrior before and that's a big negative to me. it's certainly a card of a time and place as a hybrid late80sWWF/early90s WCW and in kayfabe terms is probably top dog in this thing. Cor has shown a good improvement over last year and gets my vote here. I'm not sure about the way the top two matches are organized but there is one thing that easily wins me over here - Kobashi vs Shibata. I wanted to do this match last year and would love to see that match. Easily one of the best matches in this thing and worthy of a vote.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I appreciate some of Tony D's wrestlers and was really looking forward to what he was going to present. However, the lack of context and story as well as re-do's of matches leaves a lot to be desired for me.
I was thinking Cor was going for Okada and Angle, rather than Angle/Sabre Jr 2.
It's an interesting match up though, considering they are two total opposites in terms of time periods. Shibata vs Kobashi puts Cor over the edge for me it seems. Tony d has a good nostalgia card I wouldn't complain about seeing though.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I prefer tony d's wrestlers here, but I've seen Sting vs Luger, Muta vs Steamboat, Hogan vs Warrior before and that's a big negative to me. it's certainly a card of a time and place as a hybrid late80sWWF/early90s WCW and in kayfabe terms is probably top dog in this thing. Cor has shown a good improvement over last year and gets my vote here. I'm not sure about the way the top two matches are organized but there is one thing that easily wins me over here - Kobashi vs Shibata. I wanted to do this match last year and would love to see that match. Easily one of the best matches in this thing and worthy of a vote.
Prime Warrior, Hogan, Sting, Steamboat, and DX can all just come out and say "f*** YOU ALL, GOODNIGHT" and I'll pay a chunk of cash to see it.

As much as I love the 2 obvious matches from cor, well 3- the Angle vs Sabre match sounds better the more I think about it. I don't like the rest of his card more than I would want to be in the same room as TonyDs watching those names go at it for the 100th time over.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Prime Warrior, Hogan, Sting, Steamboat, and DX can all just come out and say "**** YOU ALL, GOODNIGHT" and I'll pay a chunk of cash to see it.

As much as I love the 2 obvious matches from cor, well 3- the Angle vs Sabre match sounds better the more I think about it. I don't like the rest of his card more than I would want to be in the same room as TonyDs watching those names go at it for the 100th time over.

Not quite DX, but he does have the second best member of the stable. The thing with the voting is, you vote how you want. There is no rule, and that's a positive. Also, I really hate Sabre, but there are other good matches to distract from that. In my head I choose to view that match as Angle squashing him, though it is a match that has already happened.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Not quite DX, but he does have the second best member of the stable. The thing with the voting is, you vote how you want. There is no rule, and that's a positive. Also, I really hate Sabre, but there are other good matches to distract from that. In my head I choose to view that match as Angle squashing him, though it is a match that has already happened.
Bolded, obviously, but... so.... like.... then don't discuss further? lol
New Age Outlaws were not the tag team of DX?...and the originator of greatest crowd move in wrestling history?

..and you don't like Sabre's ring work or personality?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Bolded, obviously, but... so.... like.... then don't discuss further? lol
New Age Outlaws were not the tag team of DX?...and the originator of greatest crowd move in wrestling history?

..and you don't like Sabre's ring work or personality?

I don't get what your point is, but The New Age Outlaws were certainly a tag team that was in DX yes. I hate Sabre's in ring work, no issue with whatever personality he has. I enjoyed his recent shot at wrestling in front of Americans.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I don't get what your point is, but The New Age Outlaws were certainly a tag team that was in DX yes. I hate Sabre's in ring work, no issue with whatever personality he has. I enjoyed his recent shot at wrestling in front of Americans.
What's not to get? You said not quite DX, to which I said DX enough, and now you're lost. Dammit brother nobody said you were the quicker one
upload_2019-8-11_17-21-49.jpeg

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Angle vs ZSJ is a genuine dream match and probably what I want to see more than anything else this year.

Reactions: M.C.G. 31

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@tony d : I could see pretty early on that you were either going to have a bunch of WWF guys go up against either some newer guys, some other territory or that you were going to have them face one another. In the case of the latter, which is what I expected, I then expected some sort of angle. However you haven't provided any context and a lot of the matches on your card have already happened. I was under the impression that a match that's already taken place is a "no-no" and even if I can personally get past it in the right circumstances I'd need some sort of context. You have some great guys too.

@Cor : Your Main Events are fantastic, but your card is too light. I don't think there's enough there past the Main Events to carry your card too deep into this even if I also like Shibata v Kobashi. I also would have liked a lot more context from you considering the matchups. I love Almas in the Main Event though and I think without any explanation from you that an Angle v Sabre Jr match would be great. I think you'd have really set yourself up better had you added another match or two considering the talent available when you bowed out, but still you have some good matches here so it's not a total loss.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Honestly @les Habs, I felt the strength of my card stands for itself, and didn’t need to be spoken for.

Andrade vs Okada is two of the best in the world facing off for the first time.

Angle in his prime facing off against Zach Sabre Jr is a show stopper.

Moustache Mountain & The Revival are arguably two of the best Tag teams in the world today who have NEVER faced off.

Shibata vs Kobashi is a dream match if there ever was one.

Then you have Buddy Murphy & Jay White, which would just be an incredible cruiserweight tilt, and I’d put it up against any other cruiserweight match in this thing, and again, have never went toe to toe.

The Ladder Match is the classic spot fest. You’ve got Jeff Hardy the veteran of the match, you’ve got Darby Allin who is willing to kill himself. Matt Sydal flying around the ring. Jason Jordan to add some technical ability. And to top it off, Luchasaurus and Joe Coffey to add some character and some brute force.

Could I have added more? Sure. But I’m not booking a 48 hour festival, I'm booking a 3 hour wrestling show and giving matches time to breath is an important factor.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, I don't have a problem with that. Like I said, you've got some excellent matches. I just think a few more along with context would have enhanced it is all.

Reactions: theedge9

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I went with Cor as his card just seems fresher in terms of matchups. It was actually pretty close though when thinking it over, as I base my vote on if both cards were on the same night, which one would go I watch live?

The star power TonyD has is fantastic, which made it pretty close for me. Seeing Hogan vs. Warrior live, as well as Steamboat and Muta would be amazing. Not a fan of Luger though so I felt the Sting match is kinda wasted, same with the triple threat, just not a fan of those wrestlers. I do feel like you set yourself a little back Tony based on how voting goes, because a lot of matches that have been done before probably won't garner too many votes because people want to see fresh ideas, which in the end I also want to see as well. You went into a tough matchup and as a fan of more old school wrestling I really do appreciate this card, it just didn't have enough oomph in the end.

Cor has a good mix of indie, NJPW and some star power in his card. The matchups are pretty fresh and interesting and would be a super fun event to attend live. My favorite match on your card is definitely Okada vs. Almas. I think its all personal preference but the Angle vs. ZSJ actually doesn't really do much for me to hype me up, but I bet if I watched them actually go at it I would be a fan.

I would say what really put me over the top to vote for your card was the ladder match. I love a good spot fest/gimmick match sprinkled into a card and yours had it, and Tony D's didn't. So that kinda put you over the top as well.

Both cards are great though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad