Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
dang.

The most important name in Boston bruins history that almost nobody knows.

Opening night in 2017 should be dedicated to him and his contributions to the team.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Its sad when a major player in the history of the Bruins, not to mention the NHL, passes away and almost nobody cares.

His place in Bruins' history should be revered.

You dun gud, Wren, you dun gud.

brianscot

Jan 1, 2003
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Blair has another link to the Orr/Esposito era Bruins.

When he was coach and gm with the Kingston Frontenacs of the old Eastern Professional Hockey League, his captain and assistant coach?

One Harry Sinden.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I remember seeing/hearing his name in books when I was a kid, but until I opened this I forgot about the history mentioned here. Mike, if I can I'll try to find the time to switch my avatar picture to Mr. Blair's image. RIP Mr. WB! There's a place in heaven for you.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
Its sad when a major player in the history of the Bruins, not to mention the NHL, passes away and almost nobody cares.

His place in Bruins' history should be revered.

You dun gud, Wren, you dun gud.

Well, anyone born before 1965 cares. It's just that no one who didn't see the 1970 and 1972 Stanley Cup wins would know who Wren Blair was.

I know who he is, remembers and thanks him for all he did for the Bruins. Rest in peace, Mr Blair. You're an unsung hero.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I am in my 20s.

Ha! I'm nearly 50.

I have been a hardcore Bruins fan most of my life, and shall make bold to say I didn't know who Wren Blair was until I happened upon your avatar & became curious. I knew the basic particulars about the signing, but not Blair's part in it.

There damn well better be a "state funeral" for Milt. Like Cam in a different way, everything you could ever ask of a hockey person.

saskbruin44*

This man should have a Bruins state funeral.

Without a doubt. Hopefully after the "thank-you,we love you fans" ceremony on opening night that a moment of silence is observed in honour of Wren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad