Post-Game Talk: Wrapup : Game 2 DET @ ANH

The Perfect Human*

Dekeyser out all year. ****. Personally I'd take White into the lineup over Coli.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Nyquist Brunner Franzen

Howard let in a few soft ones today.. His worst game In quite a while. Luckily it didnt matter :>

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Nyquist Brunner Franzen

Howard let in a few soft ones today.. His worst game In quite a while. Luckily it didnt matter :>

Agreed. Howard was extremely leaky tonight. But on the plus side, Hiller was worse. I don't think Hiller is going to be able to shut the door, but like Howard he can be good enough.

Soft Rock Renegade

May 17, 2012
Franzen
Goose
Datsyuk

HM: Brunner and Fil

Quincey should be scolded or benched or both. That was a stupid penalty he took, and even though they didn't score on that PP, it helped lead to the goal to make it 4-3.

And does anyone have the video of Fil's toe drag and the goal by Nyquist? I want to put that video on a loop and watch it until Saturday's game.

thought Q had his best shift as a wing on the brunner goal. caused two turnovers in the O zone and was rewarded with the primary assist. he also needed to take that penalty - cogs was in a good position to tap one in. can't believe i'm sticking up for the guy, but jeez, he actually was decent last night.

Soft Rock Renegade

May 17, 2012
Agreed. Howard was extremely leaky tonight. But on the plus side, Hiller was worse. I don't think Hiller is going to be able to shut the door, but like Howard he can be good enough.

its close though. howie needs to be a lot better. i don't expect 2 gift-wrapped goals per game the rest of the way.

wonder if we see fasth in game 3

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
If you took the numbers off the jersey, I'd swear that was Datsyuk. Crazy poise and vision from Filppula.

Flip used to make plays like that all the time. I always thought he could be a poor mans Datsyuk Lite. But he's been God awful this year.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
So happy for Gus!

Gus
Datsyuk
Franzen

HM: Filppulla, Z

"I hate this team."

Don't hurt yourself jumping back on the bandwagon.

Franzen
Abdelkader
Nyquist

Says the guy who claimed before overtime even began that the Wings were going to lose. I don't know how you have the gall to walk back in as if you hadn't completely given up on the team. You can only eat crow, shoes, or whatever other objects so many times before it becomes clear that you're a fairweather fan who is unwilling to hope because of terror of disappointment. Either jump on board for good or drop the pretense that you're actually supportive of this organization.

Last edited:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
"I hate this team."

Way to go, champ... don't hurt yourself jumping back on the bandwagon.

Give me a break, fans like myself and Nose LOVE the Red Wings and want them to win, but dislike some of the players, the moves made by the GM and decisions by the Coach.

Aug 6, 2012
"I hate this team."

Way to go, champ... don't hurt yourself jumping back on the bandwagon.

Says the guy who claimed before overtime even began that the Wings were going to lose. It's beyond me how people like you have the gall to walk back in as if you hadn't completely given up on the team. You can only eat crow, shoes, or whatever other objects so many times before it becomes clear that you're simply a fairweather fan who is unwilling to hope because of terror of disappointment.

You take this stuff way to seriously, its a joke.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Give me a break, fans like myself and Nose LOVE the Red Wings and want them to win, but dislike some of the players, the moves made by the GM and decisions by the Coach.

There's a big difference between criticism and portends of doom. Disliking certain decisions is one thing; giving up is another entirely.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
1. Mule. He's been playing very well lately which is a good sign.
2. Pavs. As good as he is offensively, he's just as good defensively.
3. Gus. GWG.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
There's a big difference between criticism and portends of doom. Disliking certain decisions is one thing; giving up is another entirely.

Dude, I thought they were probably gonna lose after blowing a 4-1 lead and Jimmy looking like a sieve in net. So did a lot of fans that have watched this team all year.

We're all posting on a message board for the Wings not the Lions. 98% of us ain't giving up.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Dude, I thought they were probably gonna lose after blowing a 4-1 lead and Jimmy looking like a sieve in net. So did a lot of fans that have watched this team all year.

We're all posting on a message board for the Wings not the Lions. 98% of us ain't giving up.

Once again, thinking they might lose and outright giving up are two very different affairs.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Says the guy who claimed before overtime even began that the Wings were going to lose. It's beyond me how people like you have the gall to walk back in as if you hadn't completely given up on the team. You can only eat crow, shoes, or whatever other objects so many times before it becomes clear that you're a fairweather supporter who is unwilling to hope because of terror of disappointment. Either jump on board for good or drop the pretense that you're actually supportive of this organization.

Just to be clear, the hat thing is a joke man... The very first time I said it, I was serious and they scored/tied it, whatever. So I say it for reverse psychology reasons, and it "works" more often than it should. :laugh:

Guess what? I still watched it. And guess what else? Who gives a ****? If what I say angers you so much, please feel free to block me. It's one less person who thinks they're a better fan that everyone else because they only call people out AFTER the game that I have to worry about. Drop the pretense? Get out of here with that BS. I've watched every game for years, and don't plan to stop.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Just to be clear, the hat thing is a joke man... The very first time I said it, I was serious and they scored/tied it, whatever. So I say it for reverse psychology reasons, and it "works" more often than it should. :laugh:

Guess what? I still watched it. And guess what else? Who gives a ****? If what I say angers you so much, please feel free to block me. It's one less person who thinks they're a better fan that everyone else because they only call people out AFTER the game that I have to worry about. Drop the pretense? Get out of here with that BS. I've watched every game for years, and don't plan to stop.

I've never blocked anyone. But I'm pretty sure plenty have blocked me. Primarily Cleary fans :laugh:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Boys, you're all pretty. Let's keep this about Ducks and Wings and less about our posting habits.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Just watched 3rd period onwards. Man, we signed Howard for how long? Crap.

Wings get the split so I'm happy. Nyqvuist with the winner too, but he only played 8:45? I'd sure play him more than Emmerton right now.
LOL, and while Filppula isn't worth the $5 million he's asking for, that was a sick toe drag move and assist.

We were on the PK a lot. Nyquist don't PK. Emmerton does. I'm sure that's the difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad