GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
True but Canucks have injuries. Demko out, Petersson not himself and possibly Hughes injured too. You think its easy to play your A game when half of our stars are injured? Take out McDavid and Oilers wouldnt look so good.

It's the playoffs, this might surprise you but everyone is battling through injuries. There isn't a single team left that's healthy.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Can we stop? We're up 1 game in round 2 here.

We aren't dominating the Oilers. We're doing enough to get by which is great considering we have a third string goaltender in net, but the Canucks aren't bringing their A game. We've seen their B game at best this playoffs. Need a lot more if the team is gonna "go far".
Umm the Oilers are a peaky team. And this is how they win. They jump on you offensively. The Canucks have been playing pretty good.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Nurse is supposed to be their blueline superstar. Don't laugh legit he is given his contract.
I don't think there was a single Oilers fan who didn't react with, "WTF" when Nurse was given that contract. Nurse as a 1b or 2a, being paid accordingly would be a fine addition to any team, but Nurse as a 1a with his contract is unfortunately a giant albatross.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
It is a joke that TSN hyped Oilers as a contender. Hilarious. You take two key players off that team and you`ll see lottery team.
To be fair, so would pretty much every team in the league lol. Most good teams have 3-5 key players. Taking away 40% of that will usually lead to a team being trash.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Nurse would be a perfectly capable D-man at 6million. He would also look a bit better not being anchored to Cody Ceci.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Umm the Oilers are a peaky team. And this is how they win. They jump on you offensively. The Canucks have been playing pretty good.
To be fair, if the Oilers had a goalie capable of saving the odd beachball or two, they're likely up 3-0 in the series at this point. Neither team has played particularly good, but one has a goalie who's been making saves. A defence that actually clear the zone occasionally doesn't hurt either.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
No denying that but let's hold off on setting up a committee to plan a parade here lol. Just looks silly. It's round 2. Oilers aren't bringing their A game. Canucks aren't bringing their A game.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
One characteristic I usually see in a cup winner is that they know how to lock games down with the lead.

Edmonton and vancouver are definitely not showing these characteristics. I haven't looked at the other series too much but it also looked like things got rocky for dallas too although they did hang on a couple games ago.

I probably wouldn't have canucks as favourites if they advanced.... heck I don't even have them as favourites against Edmonton, although a healthy demko, and pettersson playing like he can would make things interesting. I would have picked van against Edmonton if not for the demko news.

Canucks have a league leading 42 wins after leading 2 periods..... They definitely knows how to lock down a win.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Start Pickard and run him if you want to stand a chance. Skinner is done. Mc No-Show needs to do more with his 40 minutes than all zeros. Pathetic.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Series thread back up…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad