GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Last I checked the goalie is part of the team.
yeah, this argument has been used for years. "Your team wouldn't be as good as our team if you didn't have Luongo...!" Etc...

Skinner is bad, Silovs was very good tonight, and Demko is elite. It's a pretty sweet luxury to have a third liner winning a game, knowing that the Vezina candidate is on his way back. Not sure how I'd feel if I was a fan of a team with a Skinner in net and only a Capt Jean Luc Pickard and Campbell Soup waiting in the wings.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
With average AHL goaltending Edmonton’s up 2-1, don’t kid yourself. Shots were 36-7 oilers after the first. Silovs did an incredible job but the Canucks weren’t the better team tonight.
Better team? Canucks won, and deserved it. Better team better depth, played thru the lineup and didnt rely on 2 star forwards. Maybe works for Edmonton sometimes, but failed again tonight. Will they find a smarter strategy for the rest of the series or do they continue this pattern and bow out, once again? Big decisions for the Edmonton coaching crew on how to move forward here down in the series 2 games to 1.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
FAFO

97.gif

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I will be shocked if Silovs ever plays another AHL game
I'm not sure what the route is for him. He is good enough to back up Demko. But they might want to get him regular gameplay. AHL would be good to get him ready for a full schedule and define his game. Could also save money letting DeSmith walk . I'm honestly not sure .

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
They've been division rivals forever, there's always been a rivalry.
True, but Canucks fans had nothing to hate as of late other than Benning.

The West Coast rivalries are a dying breed. Edmonton/Calgary might be still going strong, but the Canucks currently have no enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad