GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
What an idiotic interview by Draisaitl. He just gave Vancouver material to use as motivation. Just a stupid thing to do. What a selfish crybaby.

I think the pressure is starting to get to them.

Shame there isn't a rabid national media to sic on the Oilers like after a star player said "disparaging" remarks about the other team's goalie.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
My final comment.. looked like McD dove in that interaction. I didn't think that was a mugging. He initiated it.

Silovs was great.

Felt we were better.

Skinner needs to rebound. He is a career .880 playoff goalie and was sub .800 tonight.

I say it goes 7 games. And I said that before Game 1, before Game 2, before Game 3 and still saying it now. Nucks are good and they've owned our asses all year. Time to dig in. I think it'll be 2-2 going back to Vancouver. Good jog tonight Nucks.

Threeonzero - still waiting for the instructions to make the font smaller so I can tell you go f*** yourself. Please let me know.lol
Skinner has had 2 chances to rebound and he hasn't had even an average game yet. 12 goals on just over 6 expected goals, .7xx sv%. No f***ing way this guy should see the net again. I'll take my chances with a career backup/AHL tweener over that.

Reactions: Czechboy

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Class would be McDavid heading to the dressing room after being bested, like a good sportsman.

Slashing your opponent after regulation expects a response.

Soucy was aiming for the chest but Zadorov hit McDavid split second beforehand hence face was at that level.

Moreover for the amount he gets away with, a bit of karma for a player who should stick to being a generational player instead of a fake tough guy.

He gets away with magnitudes less than defenders get away with on him lol. Take off the rose-colored, coke bottle glasses.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Yeah and if Demko was healthy Vancouver would be up 3-0. Whats your point?
I was trying to respond to someone saying Skinner wasn’t the problem. No need to get your panties in a bunch. Chill out bro.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
This is a pretty fair take. Skinner's SV% is under .800 and this series and the xGA is under 7 after 3 games. He's been bad enough that no fan of any team should have to watch him in their net.
Yeah, you need your starting goalie to at least make the saves they should save and be capable of making some quality saves at times. He has shown no ability to do either for two playoffs now. Pretty disappointing.

Reactions: McFlyingV

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
True. Before that interview Vancouver had very little motivation, now they have a lot

It's a mental game that most Pro athletes know to stay away from. Players use any an d all for extra motivation. That was a terrible interview to give. It was something an inexperienced player would have done.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Oilers need to immediately sign Konovalov and have him start next game. He’s had an elite season in KHL​

Nahh they should just start Skinner again or Campbell. Holland is too genius for that type of move

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Silovs is so damn calm, cool and collected - in game, and in interviews. Very fortunate to have him as a Canucks fan.

Also this Oilers overrating before every season has to stop. They seem so one dimensional.... power play scorers. How does a team that plays its top players for half a game, have the depth to win a cup? What happens if one of them goes down?

This could be a long series vs the Canucks, but you'd have to be an idiot not to see the glaring holes in that line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad